Application for the Alfa Fellowship Programme U.S, U.K, or German in Russia – 2019/2020 Entry is now open at the Alfa Fellowship Programme in Russia.
The key goals of the Alfa Fellowship Program are expanding networks of American, British, and German professionals in Russia, developing greater intercultural understanding and advancing knowledge of Russia in the West.The Alfa Fellowship Program includes the round-trip transportation to New York City, London or Berlin, and accommodation (if needed) for selection interviews, U.S./U.K./Germany-based language training as required based on proficiency evaluation, Orientation seminar in Washington, D.C., including speakers, activities, travel, and accommodation, Program-related transportation between U.S./U.K./Germany and Russia, Russia-based language training, Moscow Seminar Program, including meetings, briefings, assignment planning, and excursions, a generous monthly stipend during the program in Russia, all program-related travel within Russia. accommodation in Russia and limited international health, accident, and liability insurance during the program in Russia.
Candidates should ideally have a graduate degree in business, economics, journalism, law, public policy, or a related field.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
ALFA FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMME ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- U.S., U.K., or German citizen between the ages of 25 and 35 (Russian citizens are ineligible to apply, including individuals who are also citizens of the United States, United Kingdom or Germany).
- Graduate degree and at least two years of relevant professional experience in business, economics, journalism, law, public policy or a related field. Candidates without a graduate degree completed or in progress must have an undergraduate degree and approximately 5-6 years of professional experience in their field.
- Outstanding professional achievement and academic qualifications.
- Active involvement in community or public service.
- Russian language experience is preferred, however not required, at the time of application. If an applicant does not speak Russian, he or she will need to demonstrate proficiency in a second language to qualify for the program.
- Evidence of leadership potential.
- The Alfa Fellowship Program is a professional-level initiative focused on the Fellows’ assignments in Russia. The Alfa Fellowship Program will not sponsor independent or academic research.
- Applicants from U.S., U.K., or German citizens are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- Applicants should be between the ages of 25 and 35.
- Russian language experience is preferred, however not required, at the time of application. If an applicant does not speak Russian, he/she will need to demonstrate in the personal statement a connection to Russia – be it professional or personal – and how he/she could be successful on the program with limited language skills.
- Additionally, the applicant must be proficient in a second language to qualify for the program.* Where the Russian writing sample is required in the application, applicants who do not speak Russian should upload a statement in English detailing other languages in which they are proficient and where and when those language skills were acquired. Statements in languages other than English or Russian will not be reviewed.
- German candidates must be proficient in English to be considered for the program. Should a German candidate not be proficient in Russian, English suffices as the second language.
ALFA FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMME APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- The mode of application is online. The online application and all supporting materials, including transcripts and letters of recommendation, must be received by this date. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. We encourage candidates to submit applications as early as possible.
Application must include:
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before November 15, 2019 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below