Application for the Chongqing Municipal Government Mayor Scholarship for International Students in China 2019 Entry is now open at the Chongqing University of Post and Telecommunications (CQUPT) in China.
In order to encourage more outstanding international students to pursue a higher education in Chongqing, Chongqing Municipal Government launches the Chongqing Municipal Government Mayor Scholarship.
Chongqing University of Post and Telecommunications (CQUPT), founded in 1950, is one of the few universities that has been blue-printed and given priority to develop by the State. It has also grown into a prominent university and is acknowledged by its excellence in the field of information industry both within and outside China.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
CHONGQING MUNICIPAL GOVERNMENT MAYOR SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China and be in good health.
- Be a high school graduates under the age of 25 when apply for the undergraduate programs;
- Be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master programs;
- Be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs.
- Applicants should not be holding any other scholarship provided by Chinese government.
English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
CHONGQING MUNICIPAL GOVERNMENT MAYOR SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Complete the Application Form for Chongqing Municipal Government Scholarship (Attachment 1) and print a hard copy. And then post all documents to International office of CQUPT before April 15th, 2019.
- 2 Passport size Photos
- Application Form for Chongqing Municipal Government Scholarship written in Chinese or English;
- Application Form for Study in CQUPT
- Notarized highest diploma. Prospective diploma recipients must submit official document issued by your current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
- Academic transcripts (written in Chinese or English). Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal (written in Chinese or English); This should be a minimum of 800 words.
- Two Recommendation Letters (written in Chinese or English). Applicants must submit two recommendation letters signed by a professor or an associate professor.
- Copy of Passport Home Page
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy) (written in English, can be downloaded in the attachment 2) . The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
- Papers or Articles Published or to be Published and the copy of valid HSK Certificate, if available.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below