This Article contains information on the Czech Visa Application and Immigration Requirements: 2019. The Czech Republic, in Central Europe, is a country that’s known for its ornate castles, native beers and long history. Prague, the capital, is home to grand 9th-century Prague Castle, a preserved medieval old town and statue-lined Charles Bridge. Český Krumlov, a small town in the South Bohemia region, is notable for its wealth of Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque buildings, many of which house restaurants and shops.
Yearly, many people travel to Czech for numerous reasons either for tourism, business, study, visit or immigration. Depending on the purpose of the trip to Czech, there are different types of visas that apply to the occasion.
The beautiful Czech Republic is a land of castles and mountains, history and charm. This nation state in Central Europe is also known by the short name of Czechia since September of 2016, and is a popular destination for tourists from not only all over Europe but the whole world.
So before applying for a Czech Schengen visa, it is necessary to know the Czech Schengen visa requirements and which of the visa category that you are eligible for.
LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR A CZECH VISA APPLICATION
The following documents are required for the Czech visa application:
- Download the Czech visa application form, fill it completely and with sincerity. You can also fill the Czech Republic Schengen Visa application form electronically and then print a hard-copy.
- Attach 2 photos; the photo should be of passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background.
- Your passport and copies of your previous visas – valid for at least 3 months beyond return date – are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages.
- A copy of your return-ticket reservation. It is not recommended to purchase the ticket before obtaining the visa – if not otherwise required
- Travel medical insurance confirmation of minimum 30,000 € coverage within the Czech Republic and the entire Schengen area
- A cover letter stating the purpose of a visit to the Czech Republic and itinerary
- Flight itinerary reservation with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from the Czech Republic
- Proof of accommodation for the whole duration of the intended stay in the Czech Republic. Find and Book Cheap Hotels in the Czech Republic!
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable)
- Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay in the Czech Republic.
If you are employed, the following documents will be required;
- Employment contract
- Current bank statement of the latest 6 months
- No-objection certificate from employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
If you are self-employed or running a business, you will need to provide the following documents;
- A copy of your business license
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
If a student:
If you are a student applying for the Czech study visa, you will need to provide the following documents;
- Proof of enrollment
- Leave approval letter from school or university
If you are a retiree, you will need to provide the following documents;
- Pension statement of the latest 6 months
- Regular income generated by property proof of the latest 6 months
*Note: The signed application form must be accompanied the rest of the above-mentioned mandatory documents and handed personally at the appropriate embassy/consulate or its representative in your home country.
Apart from the general documentation required, accompanying should be other additional documents depending on the purpose of your Czech Republic Visa application.
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THE MOST FREQUENT PURPOSES OF THE CZECH VISA APPLICATION
Czech Republic Tourist/Visitor Visa
This visa is meant for those looking to visit Czech Republic for less than 90 days for leisure or tourism purposes. According to Czech Republic visa requirements, the following documents are required to be submitted especially for a tourist visa application to the embassy:
- Invitation letter from your family or friends in the Czech Republic with the address and phone number – if applicable
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
- Passport copies
Czech Republic Visa for Business Purposes:
This visa is for those who are planning to visit Czech Republic for temporary work-related purposes. However, do keep in mind that this does not grant the applicant to take up new employment in Czech Republic or any other Schengen country. The documents required for applying for a business visa are:
- Invitation letter from the Czech Republic company you will be visiting and their detailed address accompanied with the dates of your visit
- A certificate from your employer stating/allowing your business travel
- If there were previous trade relations between the two companies, proof of such events must be provided
- Business bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Memorandum and Article of Association in original certified copy (registered with joint stock companies) Trade License (first issued and present renewal), Proprietorship/Partnership documents
- Regarding the applicant’s expenses during stay in the Schengen zone, either the employer or the partner company must state coverage of expenses on the letter or invitation.
Czech Republic Visa for Medical Purposes
A lot of people travel to Czech Republic and certain other countries to seek better medical treatment or specialized treatment for a disease that cannot be treated in their own country. For this purpose, the Czech Republic visa requirements are the following:
- A local medical report
- A medical attestation from the hospital or doctor in Czech Republic, confirming the date of your appointment as well as your medical situation
- Payment receipt of medical fees
Czech Republic Visa for Cultural, Sports, Film Crew or Religious Purposes
This is a special visa given to applicants who want to travel to Czech Republic to participate in cultural or sporting events. In addition to that, this visa also grants permission to a film crew to shoot a film in the Czech Republic. Documents required to be submitted to fulfill the Czech Republic visa requirements for this category are:
- Invitation letter from the above-mentioned authorities with details upon the nature of events or activities – purpose of visit , expense coverage
- Names of the applicants (crew members)
- Duration of stay
- Travel itinerary
Czech Republic Visa for Members of Official Delegations
If the purpose of your travel is to attend intergovernmental meetings, consultations, negotiations or events, this is the visa you will need. The following documents will have to be shown to the embassy in order to be eligible for this visa:
- The official invitation copy
- Identity of applicant
- Purpose of journey (negotiations, meetings, event by intergovernmental organizations, consultations)
- Duration of stay
- Place of accommodation
Czech Republic Visa for Study, Training, Research, or other type of Internship Purposes
This category of visas is required only for applicants who intend to study in a Czech Republican institution, conduct research or even undergo some kind of educational training and internship for less than 6 months. The documents required to be eligible for this visa are the following:
- An enrollment certificate allowing attendance of courses
- Certificate of completion or courses attended
- Financial sustenance
The Czech Republic Visa For The Wife/Husband of a Czech Republic citizen
This visa is for people whose spouses are from Czech Republic. The documents required to be eligible for this visa are the following:
- Proof of Czech Republic citizenship (ID card or consular card or certification of Czech Republic nationality or naturalization order)
- Czech Republic marriage certificate
- Czech Republic family record book
Czech Republic Airport Transit Visa
As per the Czech Republic visa requirements, a transit visa is required if you foresee a layover of a few hours in Czech Republic before heading to your destination. The documents required to be eligible for this visa are the following:
- Visa or other type of entry permit in the transit country
- Copy of your valid visa for your final destination
Czech Republic Visa for Under-Age Children
- Proof of parent’s regular income (work contract with specified monthly income or a bank statement or business license)
- Notarized travel permission from parent (parental travel consent)
- If one parent lives in another country – their notarized parental travel consent
*Note: When applying at the Czech Republic embassy/consulate in home country, the guardian or parent should accompany their under-age children.
Attention! Please consult the Embassy of Czech Republic in your country for the updated Czech Republic Visa requirements!
- Click here to Learn how to write a perfect Invitation letter for Visa Application
- Click here to Learn how to write a cover letter for Visa Application