Application for the Eiffel Scholarships at any French Universities and Academic Institutions for 2019/2020 entry is now open.
The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program was established by the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs to enable French higher education institutions to attract top foreign students to enrol in their masters and PhD programs. It gives opportunity to the future foreign decision-makers of the private and public sectors, in priority areas of study, and encourages applicants from developing countries at master’s level, and from developing and industrialized countries at PhD level.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
EIFFEL SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Nationality: This programme is reserved for candidates of non-French nationality. Candidates with two nationalities, one of which is French, are not eligible.
- Age: For master’s level, candidates must be not older than 30 on the date of the 2019 Campaign, that is, students born after March 1988. At PhD level, candidates must be not older than 35 on the date of the 2019 Campaign, that is, students born after March 1983.
- Origin of applications: Only applications submitted by French educational establishments are accepted. These establishments undertake to enrol scholarship holders on the course for which they have been selected. Applications submitted by any other means shall not be considered. Furthermore, any candidate nominated by more than one establishment shall be disqualified.
- Courses of study: Scholarships are for students wishing to enrol on a master’s course, including at an engineering school, and for PhD students. The Eiffel Programme does not apply to French-run master’s courses abroad. It does not apply to training under an apprenticeship contract or a professional training contract either.
- Combination with other scholarships: Foreign students who, at the time of application, have already been awarded a French government scholarship under another programme are not eligible, even if the scholarship in question does not include social security cover.
- For Eiffel Master Scholarship: No application will be accepted for any student who applied previously but was rejected, even if the application is submitted by a different establishment or in another field of study. Students who have already been awarded an Eiffel scholarship at master’s level are not eligible to re-apply at master’s level.
- For Eiffel PhD Scholarship: Establishments may nominate a candidate who was previously awarded an Eiffel scholarship at master’s level for a scholarship at PhD level. Candidates who have already been awarded an Eiffel scholarship once during their PhD cannot be awarded it for a second time. No application will be accepted for any student who applied previously but was rejected, even if the application is submitted by a different establishment or in another field of study.
- Language skills: When pre-selecting non-French-speaking candidates, establishments must make sure that their language skills meet the requirements of the relevant course of study.
Students undertaking a course of study abroad take priority over those already living in France.
EIFFEL SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Applications are not accepted from students directly. Applications for EIFFEL scholarships are submitted by French Higher Education Institutions. You must apply and meet the requirements of the French Higher Education Institution in order to be considered for the scholarship. The deadline for applications to Campus France is 11 January 2019. Application deadline to participating French Institutions is earlier and falls around November-December 2018.
Click here For more information and enquiries OR leave a comment below