Application for the Faculty Scholarship For The Future Fellowships Women In USA – 2019/2020 Entry is now open at the Schlumberger Foundation in USA.
The program’s long-term goal is to generate conditions that result in more women pursuing scientific careers by lowering the barriers women face when entering STEM disciplines, thus reducing the gender gap.Faculty for the Future grants are based on actual costs for eligible expenses up to a maximum of USD 50,000 per year and may be renewed through to completion of studies subject to performance, self-evaluation, a recommendation from supervisors and strong evidence of re-integration plans into the home country.
The Faculty for the Future program, launched in 2004, awards fellowships to women from developing and emerging economies to pursue Ph.D. or Post-doctorate studies in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) disciplines at leading universities worldwide.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
FACULTY SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Women applicants of a developing country or emerging economy can apply for these Faculty for the Future fellowships.
- Are a female and are a citizen of a developing country or emerging economy*. You are not eligible to apply if you hold dual citizenship of which one is citizenship of a developed country. (N.B. If you have been awarded a Faculty for the Future grant and after the award, you obtain citizenship of a developed country, the grant will be discontinued as of the date of such additional citizenship);
- Are preparing for a Ph.D. degree or post-doctoral research in the physical sciences, engineering, technology, and related disciplines. Awards in biological sciences are limited to interdisciplinary research between physical and biological sciences. The Faculty for the Future program does not fund Master level studies;
- Are enrolled, admitted or have applied to a host university/research institute abroad (applications are no longer accepted where a candidate has not yet applied to a university). If you are applying for a sandwich course the final degree must be awarded by the Host University abroad (i.e., not from the home country university);
- Hold an excellent academic record
- Have a proven track record of teaching experience or can demonstrate a commitment to teaching
- Can demonstrate active participation in faculty life and outreach programs to encourage young women into the sciences
- Are willing to contribute to the socio-economic development of your home country and region by strengthening the faculties in your home university, pursuing relevant research, or using your specific expertise to address public policy matters.
- Fellowships are awarded in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) disciplines.
- Fellowships are available to pursue Ph.D. or postdoctoral studies at leading universities abroad.
- Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
FACULTY SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Applications are only accepted through the online system.
Application must include:
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before November 7th, 2019 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below