Application for the Fondazione di Venezia Residencial Scholarships for International Scholars 2019 Entry is now open at the Vittore Branca International Center for the Study of Italian Culture in in Italy.
The International Center for the Study of Italian Culture named after Vittore Branca – a world-renowned Italianist who was Secretary General of the Fondazione Giorgio Cini – is a residential resource for Humanities studies, open to research projects in the field of art history, history of Venice, literature, music, drama, early printed books, comparative civilisations and spritualities.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
FONDAZIONE DI VENEZIA RESIDENCIAL SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- The residential scholarships are offered, within the interdisciplinary context that characterizes the Island of San Giorgio Maggiore; to Italian and international scholars wishing to further their studies of Italian culture – especially that of the Veneto – in one of the following fields: art history, Venetian history, literature, music, drama, early printed books and comparative cultures and spiritualities.
- Candidates shall propose a research topic preferably focused on the archives and documents kept in the Fondazione Giorgio Cini, Venice.
- For a guide to research topics of particular interest to the Fondazione Institutes and Research Centers, please visit the “Centro Branca” section on the web page www.cini.it.
It is possible to plan a preliminary visit to our libraries, in order to examine materials to elaborate a research project; for more information, please contact email@example.com.
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
FONDAZIONE DI VENEZIA RESIDENCIAL SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Applications must be sent by March 10, 2019 with the following enclosed documents:
- – Paper application form (link) – printed document;
- – Degree certificate(s) with marks for individual exams, or an equivalent or superior qualification – printed document;
- – A copy of a degree dissertation (for PhD students) or doctorate thesis (for postdoctorate researchers) and copies of any other relevant academic works – digital document, saved on CD ROM, DVD or USB pen;
- – Curriculum vitae, including knowledge of languages – printed document;
- – Research topic and a description (around 1,500 words) of the study program that the candidate will follow, specifying aims, time scale, and materials and documents to be consulted at the Fondazione Giorgio Cini – printed document;
- – 2 reference letters from professors and scholars who supervise or have supervised the candidate (NB the letters shall be originals printed on headed notepaper of the relevant university or institution).
In case of need, reference letters could also be shipped separately to the Vittore Branca Center Secretariat – please write the candidate’s name on the back of the envelope.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below