Our client is a well established company engaging in development and management of commercial properties. They seek to hire an experienced HR professional with a legal background to design and implement policies as well as provide HR advice relating to contract management and effective management of personnel within the organization.The person will play a key role in providing legal advice in tenant and client contracts.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Officer
Job Type: Supervisory
- The successful candidate will be responsible to design and implement policies as well as provide HR advice relating to contract management and effective management of personnel within the organization.The person will play a key role in providing legal advice in tenant and client contracts.
- Working closely with various departments, increasingly in a consultancy role, assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures;
- Prepare reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism, employee turnover and low morale among the workforce.
- Actively take part in the staffing function right from Recruitment, selection and placement to termination.
- Training and development of all staff, new and current.
- Negotiating salaries, contracts, working conditions or redundancy packages with staff and representatives.
- Advising line managers and other employees on employment law and the employer’s own employment policies and procedures.
- Monitor staff performance through conducting performance appraisals and giving feedback.
- Provide information and assistance to staff, supervisors and advise on human resource and work related issues.
- Conduct Training Needs Analysis and process employee requests for external training while complying with set policies and procedures
- Monitor scheduled absences such as leave or travel and coordinate actions to ensure the staff absence has been adequately covered off to ensure continuity of Services.
- Develop and implement a human resources plan and personnel management policies and procedures
- Promoting equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organization
- Prepare staff and tenant contracts and advise management accordingly.
- Must have a degree or a Higher diploma in Human Resource Management
- Must have a legal background
- Must be a member of IHRM
- At least 5 years experience of in HR
- Must have excellent computer skills including the ability to operate spreadsheets and word processing programs at a highly efficient level.
- Effective spoken and written communication skills including the ability to prepare reports, proposals, policies and procedures
- Must have good negotiation skills
- Good interpersonal skills, and analytical skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should their CV quoting the job title in the email subject ((HR Officer – Real Estate) to email@example.com. Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
Application deadline: Friday 30th November 2018