Our Client is an innovative hydroponics farm located in the outskirts of Nairobi, and produces a variety of vegetables on several acres of open soil. They seek to recruit an experienced hydroponics grower who will be responsible for the production of greenhouse-grown high-quality horticultural crops, optimize farm operations and maximize production outputs to realize revenue.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Hydroponic Farm Manager
Location: Outskirts of Nairobi, Kenya
Job Type: Farming
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the production of greenhouse-grown high-quality horticultural crops, optimize farm operations and maximize production outputs to realize revenue.
- Managing all on-farm activities to include planning of all seeding, nursery, growing and harvesting
- Assign duties, such as cultivation, irrigation, harvesting, packaging, grading and equipment maintenance
- Management, training and supervision of all farm staff
- Observe workers to detect inefficient or unsafe work procedures or to identify problems and initiate corrective action as necessary
- Oversee the Nutrient balancing and management of the hydroponics system, plant health, control of pests,
- Water quality testing (including pH, EC, temperature and other critical parameters Stock control;
- Adherence to and where required improvement of Standard Cultivation Operating Procedures and health and safety requirements, and ensuring that all farm activities are carried out accordingly
- Providing periodic operations reports to the management team, reporting on progress vs targets and production reports
- Requisition or purchase of supplies, such as insecticides, machine parts/lubricants, tools and implementation of stock control measures.
- Ensure adherence to Horticultural Crops Development Authority regulations, including Food Safety and Quality, Environment Safety and Workers Welfare, Health and Safety
- Post-harvest processing including storage and packaging in preparation of sale
- Coordination with logistics and sales staff to ensure correct timing of harvest-ready produce
- Degree in Agricultural Sciences/ Horticulture
- Must have minimum of 2 years’ experience in hydroponics farming (nutrient formula, preparing solutions, nutrient requirements, deficiencies, toxicities, pH, Do, conductivity, salinity, growth regulators)
- Extensive practical experience and knowledge about cultivating common greenhouse crops
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply
- Knowledge of organic farming and permaculture techniques is an advantage
- Keen on learning, growing, and contributing with a small team of experienced people in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently while contributing in a team environment
- Demonstrated computer skills and proficiency in all MS Office applications
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, prioritize responsibilities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership capabilities with minimal supervision and ability to take initiative.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should their CV quoting the job title in the email subject (Hydroponic Farm Manager) to email@example.com. Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
Application deadline: Friday 30th November 2018