Application for the Killam Postdoctoral Research Fellowship for International Students in Canada – 2019/2020 Entry is now open at the University of British Columbia in Canada.
Fellowships are awarded to engage in innovative research that will enhance interdisciplinary collaborations and help establish them in leadership positions in the academic and wider community.It consists of $50,000 annual stipend for a maximum of two years, plus a travel research allowance of $4,000 over two years.
The University of British Columbia is a public research university with campuses and facilities in British Columbia, Canada. UBC encourages bold thinking, curiosity, and initiative, so you can realize your greatest potential.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH FUNDING ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Citizens of any country can apply for these Fellowships.
- must have completed all requirements of their Ph.D. no more than 24 months prior to the anticipated fellowship start date.
- Completion of Ph.D. requirements refers to the date that the applicant completed all the steps required for obtaining their degree.
- these requirements may vary by institution and degree type, they normally include thesis defense corrections and thesis deposition. It is not the convocation date.
- The period of eligibility may be extended for applicants who have had their career interrupted or delayed for the purpose of childrearing, illness, or health-related family responsibilities.
- The interruption(s) or delay(s) must have occurred after the applicant completed all the requirements of their Ph.D. Note that the eligibility window will only be extended by the duration of the delay(s) or interruption(s), to a maximum of one year. Justification for the extension must be provided in the Special Circumstances attachment.
- Maybe citizens of any country; though there are no restrictions regarding the nationality of applicants, successful candidates must be able to meet all Canadian immigration requirements in keeping with the original spirit of the Killam Endowments.
- Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH FUNDING APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- The applicant completes and submits an application form and arranges delivery of all required documents to the UBC department or unit to which the application is being made. Each UBC department or unit sets its own deadline for receipt of applications.
Application must include:
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before November 8, 2019 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below