Application for the KU Leuven Scholarship for a PhD in Belgium 2019 Entry is now open for international students at the LUCA School of Arts in Belgium.
Applications are invited for Scholarship for a PhD in the Arts in Animation at Luca School of Arts/KU Leuven in Belgium. International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
LUCA School of Arts is an educational and research environment in which creative talent can flourish and develop artistically and technically. It promotes artistic practice and creative design as well as the development of innovative insights.
LUCA School of Arts offers both professional and academic Bachelor, Master and Postgraduate degrees. More than 3,000 students can choose from more than 30 programmes in Audiovisual Arts & Techniques, Interior Design & Construction, Music & Drama and Visual Arts & Design. Most of the programmes are in taught in Dutch and proficiency in Dutch is recommended, but international students can be accommodated for all programmes due to the considerable amount of elective courses taught in English and to the small groups in which studio practice is taught.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
KU LEUVEN SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- You have a master’s degree in art practice or a master’s degree in another field with a strong artistic portfolio
- Your practice has a clear research dimension and relevance for the project
- You are willing to work in team and to play an active role within the research group
- You have the skills to complete a comprehensive, long-term research project within the given time-frame of four years
- You are willing to communicate on your research at conferences, through artistic presentations and through publications
- You have the ambition to become an outstanding researcher and to share your knowledge in the higher arts education sector
- You are willing to apply for additional funding if your artistic practice requires this
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
KU LEUVEN SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Your candidature contains: (1) a letter of motivation stating your qualifications and reasons for interest in the position, (2) a 2 page outline of your intended doctoral research project, (3) an artistic portfolio showing animation with links to the work, (4) a comprehensive CV which may include a list of publications and an overview of artistic presentations if applicable, (5) a copy of your highest university degree
Only complete candidatures will be accepted for evaluation. Uploaded documents cannot exceed 4 MB. If the portfolio requires a higher resolution, please insert a hyperlink to an online portfolio.
Two-Stage Selection Procedure:
(1) A selection committee headed by prof. dr. Wendy Morris makes a first selection on the basis of the written applications submitted before 20 January 2019. In early February a shortlist of candidates will be invited for an interview in Brussels or a Skype interview if travel to Brussels is not possible. The selection committee will select one candidate.
(2) The selected candidate will then further develop his or her PhD proposal under the guidance of prof. dr. Wendy Morris, who will become the candidate’s PhD supervisor if the proposal is accepted. This final PhD application will be submitted to the PhD Committee of LUCA before the April deadline. The interview with the PhD Committee will take place in May 2019.
Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before January 20, 2019 will be considered for the scholarship.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below