This article contains information on Makerere University, MAK Admission for International students. It also contains the Makerere University, MAK Application Form: 2019/2020 and Application for admission to the 2019 academic year.
This article contains information on the Makerere University, MAK Application form for international students and Requirements for admission into Undergraduate Degree, Diploma Programmes and Postgraduate degree programs for the 2019/2020 academic year.
- Check Out Makerere University Admission Requirements: 2019/2020
- Check Out Makerere University Fees Structure: 2019/2020
Applications are invited from suitably qualified SCHOOL LEAVERS, NON SCHOOL LEAVERS and SPECIAL CASES.
MAKERERE UNIVERSITY, MAK ADMISSION APPLICATION GUIDELINES FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda welcomes International Students who satisfy the minimum entry requirements
- Get pay in slips from Stanbic or DFCU bank at the main campus Makerere University where applicable.
- After paying the Fee of USD $ 75 or 172,500 UGX to take the bank slip to the main building (Finance Department) for verification where applicable.
- On presentation of the application fee bank slip, pick the application form from Room 316, Level 3, Senate Building.
- Applicants with academic documents prescribed in other languages other than English should be submitted to the School of Languages, Makerere University for translation into English.
- Applicants who obtained qualifications elsewhere other than Uganda should take their secondary school academic documents to Uganda National Examinations Board (UNEB) located in Ntinda for purposes of being equated to Ugandan grades.
- Completed forms should be returned to level 3, Senate Building, Room 316, and the following documents MUST be attached to the application form:
- Original Pay in slip from the Bank
- One Passport size photograph of the applicants’ current likeness
- Photocopies of Secondary School Certificates (i e Ordinary Level and Advanced Level) or its equivalent.
- Diploma/Degree holder’s applicants MUST attach certified photocopies of their academic transcripts issued by the awarding institutions.
- Applicants from countries where the language of instruction is not English are required to bring evidence of proficiency of English. However, Makerere University (School of Languages) conducts proficiency tests on request.
- Applicants wishing to be admitted to the Bachelor of Laws programme offered by Makerere University are required to take a pre-entry examination.
- International students MUST present insurance certificates from a reputable insurance firm at the time of admission. So, the insurance firm should cater for any eventuality, not Makerere University.
- The Academic Year normally starts in August every year. Applicants can download the form and send it with academic documents attached to;The Academic Registrar (Admissions),
P O BOX 7062,
Click here to see weighting system and Diploma holders’ requirements for Advanced Level and Diploma holders’ applicants respectively.
For further enquiries, please leave a comment below