Application for the Masters and PhD Scholarships for Non-Chinese Students at the Tsinghua – Berkeley School of Shenzhen in China for 2019 entry is now open.
Tsinghua-Berkeley Shenzhen Institute (TBSI) is jointly established in 2014 by the University of California, Berkeley (UC Berkeley) and the Tsinghua University, with the full support of Shenzhen Municipal Government, on the initiative of building a bridge across disciplines, cultures and countries, academia and industry, and an unprecedented platform for international collaboration, fostering future entrepreneurs and leaders in science and technology.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
MASTERS AND PHD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Non-Chinese citizens, in good health;
- Apply for the full-time international postgraduate program of Tsinghua University in 2018 (excluding the joint training program), and be admitted to the college for admission;
- Those who are studying for a master’s degree in China must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35; those who come to China for a doctoral degree must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 40;
- No other means (for example, Chinese embassies and consulates abroad) apply for Chinese government scholarships;
- No other types of scholarships have been awarded to study at Tsinghua University.
Applicants for CGS through Tsinghua University should meet all the following requirements:
- must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health;
- have applied for 2018 full-time international graduate programs at Tsinghua University (except joint graduate programs) and have been pre-admitted by the target dept./school of Tsinghua University;
- be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs; be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs;
- have not applied for CGS through other channels (for example, through Chinese Embassies or Consulates in the home country);
- are not offered other kinds of scholarships for study at Tsinghua University.
*Applicants who are non-native speakers of English must provide evidence of English language proficiency.
MASTERS AND PHD SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
The application deadline are in three phases. They are given below:
- 1st Round: 8:00 AM Oct 15, 2018——17:00 PM Dec 15, 2018 (Beijing Time)
- 2nd Round : 8:00 AM Jan 1, 2019——17:00 PM Mar 1, 2019 (Beijing Time)
- Last Round: 8:00 AM 15 Mar, 2019——17:00 PM May 1, 2019 (Beijing Time)
Click here For more information and enquiries OR leave a comment below