Application for the Netaji Subhas-ICAR Fellowships For International Student in India – 2019/2020 Entry is now open by the ICAR in India.
The objective is to develop a competent human resource that is trained in the identified best laboratories in the world (for Indian candidates) and similarly exposes overseas candidates to the best Indian Agricultural Universities.Indian fellows going abroad- US$ 2,000/- per month (Amount not exceeding)- US $ 1,000/- per year (Lump-sum payments towards contingent and preparatory expenses), Overseas fellows in India- INR 40,000/- per month(Amount not exceeding)- INR 25,000/- per year (Lump-sum payments towards contingent and preparatory expenses) and the Bench fee-The institutional bench fee prescribed by the Institute/University where the admission has been sought restricted to 25% of the total amount will be reimbursed by the ICAR while the remaining 75% has to be borne by the candidate availing International Fellowships.
The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) is an autonomous organization under the Department of Agricultural Research and Education (DARE), Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Government of India.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
ICAR FELLOWSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Master’s degree in agriculture/allied sciences with an Overall Grade Point Average (OGPA) 6.60 out of 10.0 or 65% marks or equivalent will be the eligibility requirement for the NS-ICAR IFs.
- The fresh candidates should not be more than 35 years of age on the last date prescribed for receipt of applications. The upper age limit for In-service candidates will be 40 years on the last date for receipt of applications.
- The NS-ICAR IFs are available for pursuing a doctoral degree at the recognized agricultural universities/ institutions in India and abroad.
- The notification for the fellowship will contain detailed eligibility requirements.
- Netaji Subhas- ICAR IF would be available for both, fresh and in-service candidates. However, the fresh candidates should have completed their qualifying degree not more than two years before the specified date in the year of admission. The in-service candidates from India should be employed in the ICAR-AU system.
- The Council will identify and announce the priority areas of research and the list of institutions -for admission, one year in advance, for availing the Netaji Subhas- ICAR IFs.
- Both Indian and overseas candidates can apply for these fellowships.
- Applicants need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
- Applicants must have a master’s degree in agriculture/allied sciences with an Overall Grade Point Average (OGPA) 6.60 out of 10.0 or 65% marks or equivalent.
ICAR FELLOWSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- The candidate should submit an application for the fellowship, on-line, in the
prescribed format. The candidates should satisfy themselves regarding admission and course
requirements of the university before identifying these as a place of study.
Application must include:
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before August 30, 2019 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below