Application for the PhD Positions for International Students in Belgium – 2019/2020 Entry is now open at the Ghent University in Belgium .
These funded studies are designed to give for international students who have a chance to study a PhD degree in Belgium and aims to help them with covering some of their study expenses.The university will provide starting salary for a person with six years of previous relevant experience and no family would be € 2334, 88 net per month for a PhD candidate but more for a post-doc researcher.
Founded in 1817, Ghent University is one of the most prestigious universities in Belgium, offering various undergraduate, postgraduate, and research degree programs for all students.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
PHD POSITIONS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Students from all nationalities are eligible to apply for this application.
- The studentships are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Have obtained their degree (Masters for PhD position; PhD for post-doc position) at the time of the application or demonstrate convincingly that they will have that degree in hand by April 1, 2020
- Demonstrate prior familiarity with the court they will study
- Have a deep interest in the study of power and society
- Be fluent in English as their main working language
- Be in a position to spend periods of time abroad to conduct twice 3-month-long fieldwork and to participate in international conferences.
- Direct experience of the institution to be studied (ideally having worked in the Registry of the Court you will study either as an intern or a lawyer
- In-depth knowledge of the case-law of the institution to be studied
- Experience in conducting ethnographic fieldwork or qualitative interviews, or interest in conducting these
- Command of a second official language of the Court
- An academic background that helps to interrogate questions of evidence
- Pre-existing networks are relevant to the research.
- Have the ability to work independently and in a team
- Have excellent academic writing/presentation skills
- Contribute towards the general well-functioning of the team
- Have the ability to reach out to different audiences, including through the use of social media;
- Work in a meticulous way and be able to manage deadlines.
- All seekers need to provide valid proof of the required level of Dutch at level B2 for the program.
- You must have a master’s degree in law or a related social sciences discipline.
PHD POSITIONS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- While applying for the grant the initial step is to apply for affirmation. For taking the affirmation right off the students are required needs to pick a PhD degree coursework at the university. After being enrolled at the university, claimants can apply for the fund by submitting their application through email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application must include:
- To apply, please send, in one pdf file and in the listed order, the following documents: A cover letter outlining why you wish to be part of the DISSECT research project, what you would bring to it and, if you wish, any preliminary idea as to how you would conduct your part of the project, CV, a transcript of your degree(s): If you have a foreign diploma in a language other than our national languages English, please add a translation in one of the abovementioned languages, two letters of recommendation, and a writing sample on a related topic (10,000 words maximum, in English, ideally an academic or research paper).
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before November 8, 2019 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below