Application for the PhD Studentships for Social Sciences Students UK – 2019/2020 Entry is now open at the University of Manchester in UK.
The University of Manchester is a public research university in Manchester, England, formed in 2004 by the merger of the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology and the Victoria University of Manchester.UK/EU tuition Fees also, a small number of awards which will cover international tuition fees, £14,777 annual stipend (to be confirmed) and students can claim for certain research expenses from the Research Training Support Grant.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
PHD STUDENTSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- This funding is available to all nationalities.
- Bachelors (Honours) degree (or overseas equivalent) at 2:1 level or above in a cognate subject.
- Normally a Masters degree at 65% overall average with minimum 65% in dissertation and with no mark below 55% (or overseas equivalent) in a relevant cognate subject, preferably one with a substantial research methods component. Transcripts will be carefully scrutinised to ensure that applicants have the required background.
- Note; due to the volume of applications received each year, and limited spaces, regrettably offers cannot be made to all applicants who satisfy the academic entry criteria.
- All applicants who pass the initial assessment stage will be interviewed before any offer is confirmed.
- Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
PHD STUDENTSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- The mode of applying is online
Application must include:
- Research proposal
- Two academic references
- Degree certificates and transcripts
- Name of preferred supervisor (to be included on the application form)
- GRE score (Economics only)
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before December 2, 2019 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below