Application for the RCSI FutureNeuro PhD Scholarships for International Students in Ireland 2019 Entry is now open at the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland.
The mission of FutureNeuro is to accelerate discoveries on genetic diagnosis and advanced molecular treatments supported by enabling e-health technology for chronic and rare neurological diseases. The purpose of the current roles is to drive the development of new, clinically relevant models of febrile seizures and febrile status epilepticus and identify the molecular mechanisms by which these insults can lead to cognitive deficits and epilepsy in later life.
For over 200 years RCSI has played a major role in medical education and training in Ireland. Founded in 1784 to train surgeons, today the College provides extensive education and training in the healthcare professions at undergraduate and postgraduate level. The Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences is home to Ireland’s largest medical school, one of the world’s leading international medical schools, as well as prestigious Schools of Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Nursing & Midwifery, Postgraduate Studies and an Institute of Leadership. Our degrees and awards are fully aligned to the National Framework of Qualifications, from levels 7 – 10, in collaboration with the National University of Ireland.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
RCSI FUTURENEURO PHD SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Scholarships are available for International students.
- At least an upper second class (2.1) honours degree in cell and molecular biology, neuroscience or similar.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills.
- Ability to work on one’s own initiative as well as in a multidisciplinary, team environment.
- Willingness to undertake training and career development.
- English language requirements for candidates who do not speak English as their first language: an IELTS score of 6.5 or above.
- Desirable: » Previous laboratory research experience.
- Proven ability to work independently and as an effective team member.
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
RCSI FUTURENEURO PHD SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
The closing date for application is Friday, 4 January 2019 at 5pm GMT. The application should include:
- A cover letter outlining your interest in and suitability for the position.
- An up-to-date CV including contact details for two referees.
Applications to: Dr Gary Brennan (email@example.com)
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below