Application for the Rotary Yoneyama Scholarships for International Students in Japan – 2019/2020 Entry is now open at the Rotary Yoneyama Memorial Foundation in Japan.
The Foundation awards to overseas students who aspire to study or conduct research in Japanese universities or graduate schools. Its fund is supported by the contributions of Rotarians throughout Japan.For April enrollment: payment begins in April 2020 and for fall enrollment: payment begins in October (or September) 2020
(1)Undergraduates 100,000 yen per month
(2)Master’s students 140,000 yen per month
(3)Doctoral students 140,000 yen per month
*Research students are not eligible.
Supplemental for Airfare;- A single one-way-airfare-to-Japan is reimbursed at orientation, after arrival in Japan. Successful applicants must submit documentation showing the one-way-airfare-to-Japan. Only the economy class fee is covered.This is not full-covered, so tuition and enroll fee can NOT be paid by us and the application guideline is judged based on the one written in Japanese.
The Foundation is Japan’s largest private organization, both in terms of program scale and number of programs awarded. The scholarship supports excellent students from other countries who are studying or doing research at Japanese Institut.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
ROTARY YONEYAMA SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- International students (Non-Japanese) are eligible for these Rotary Yoneyama educations.
- Overseas students meeting all of the following requirements are eligible to apply for this study.
- Citizenship & Place of Residence Not be a citizen of Japan or be residing in Japan.
- These are available for pursuing undergraduate, master and Ph.D. degree programs at Japanese University or Graduate School.
- These are awarded in all disciplines.
- Those who enroll in undergraduates must submit a copy of admission, and those who enroll in graduate schools must submit a letter of recommendation from his/her supervisor/professor in Japanese graduate schools of their choice. If not submitted, their application will be rejected.
- Scholastic and Health Requirements- Have an enthusiasm for study and clear-cut future goals, an awareness of and respect for cultural differences, and ability to express oneself fluently and to communicate smoothly, and both the mental and physical health needed to sustain one’s life as an overseas exchange student.
- As the page 6-7 shows, there are several conditions requiring Japanese language ability depend on the Rotary District where applicants’ targeted the university/graduate school is located.
- There are several conditions requiring Japanese language ability depend on the Rotary District where applicants’ targeted the university/graduate school is located. In either case, after arriving in Japan, scholars are expected to make an effort to communicate in Japanese so as to better create and strengthen friendship ties with Japanese Rotarians.
ROTARY YONEYAMA SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- The application and documents should be prepared in PDF format. After filling out the form and save the file with your own name and the documents name like as follows. (example: applicant’s name Margaret King).
Application must include:
- To apply, students must be ready to submit a copy of the application for admission, Research plan, Letter of recommendation, Copy of Letter of Acceptance, Composition, a document certifying Japanese language proficiency.
- Candidates must have to attach the personal statement, letter of motivation and curriculum vitae.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before 15 December, 2019 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below