Application for the UBC International Leader of Tomorrow Award at the University of British Columbia for the September 2019 entry are now open.
The International Leader of Tomorrow Award recognizes international undergraduate students who demonstrate superior academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, recognized achievement in fields of endeavour such as the performing arts, sports, debating or creative writing, or external academic competitions and examinations.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
UBC INTERNATIONAL LEADER OF TOMORROW AWARD ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- You must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- You must be entering UBC from a recognized secondary school, college, or other university.
- You must be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
- You must meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
- You must demonstrate superior academic achievement (at least an A average or equivalent standard).
- You must demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree.
UBC INTERNATIONAL LEADER OF TOMORROW AWARD APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Applications for the 2019/20 academic year will be available at the official website on 1 October 2018.
Submit your award application and complete the online application for admission to UBC by 1 December 2018. You must meet the UBC English Language Admission Requirement by 31 January 2019.