Application for the University Of Laval Awards For International Student In Canada – 2019/2020 Entry is now open at the University of Laval in Canada.
The purpose of this program is to promote academic excellence by offering scholarships to foreign students who are citizens of an African or European country (other than France) and are admitted to a master’s programme at University of Laval.This scholarship of $7,000 per year is renewable once, subject to compliance with the faculty’s criteria of excellence and upon the research director’s recommendation and faculty approval.
The University of Laval is the oldest centre of education in Canada and was the first institution in North America to offer higher education in French. The mission of the student awards and financial aid office is to inform students of the various forms of financial aid available and to support and assist them in seeking out aid to help them pursue their studies.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
UNIVERSITY OF LAVAL AWARDS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- The studentships are available for pursuing master’s programme at the University of Laval.
- The studentships are awarded within the Faculty of Law, Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies, Faculty of Forestry, Geography and Geomatics, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Faculty of Dentistry, Faculty of Music, Faculty of Pharmacy, Faculty of Philosophy, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences and Food, Faculty of Educational Sciences, Faculty of Science and Engineering, Faculty of Nursing, Faculty of Social Sciences and Faculty of Theology and Religious Studies.
- At the deadline indicated below, must have submitted a complete application package at University Laval in an eligible first master’s programme and have been accepted in this program.
- Applicants should a foreign student who is a citizen of an African or European country other than France.
- Applicants graduated from a public university accredited by the ministry of higher education in your country of origin. For private institutions, eligibility is determined when the file is reviewed.
- Applicants are registered full time for the two first semesters in the programme of study for which the program was granted.
- Students from Africa or European country (other than France) can apply for these endowments.
- Applicants graduated from a public university accredited by the ministry of higher education in their country of origin. For private institutions, eligibility is determined when the file is reviewed. For admission to a master’s programme, the equivalent of a North American bachelor’s degree is required.
- Applicants must also demonstrate sufficient mastery of the language of instruction, which is French. For admission to a master’s programme, the equivalent of a North American bachelor’s degree is required.
- Foreign nationals admitted to a programme of more than 6 months must go through immigration procedures with the Canadian and Québec governments to obtain a Québec Certificate of Acceptance (CAQ), a Study Permit (Canada) and Mandatory Medical and Hospital Insurance.
UNIVERSITY OF LAVAL AWARDS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- There is no form to complete for master’s level scholarships. The studentships are automatically awarded to candidates admitted to a master’s programme. Recipients are selected using information from admission applications received by University Laval.
Application must include:
- To be considered, candidates must submit a complete application for admission to the University no later than the deadline of the target semester.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before Admission to the Winter 2020 Session, September 15, 2019 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below