This article contains information on the University of Nairobi, UoN Admission. It also contains the University of Nairobi, UoN Application Form: 2020/2021 and Application for admission to the 2020 academic year.
This article contains information on the University of Nairobi, UoN Application form and requirements for admission into Undergraduate Degree, Diploma Programmes and Postgraduate degree programs for the 2020/2021 academic year.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified SCHOOL LEAVERS, NON-SCHOOL LEAVERS, and SPECIAL CASES.
UNIVERSITY OF NAIROBI, UoN ADMISSION APPLICATION GUIDELINES
Application for admission into the University of Nairobi is basically online. Kindly follow the instructions clearly stated below to apply.
UoN Online Application Procedure
- Simply complete the University of Nairobi Online Application Form stated below and upload all of the necessary documentation so that it can be processed by our administrative department.
- Your application will be completed once all of the necessary fees have been paid.
University of Nairobi, UoN Application Procedure
Proficiency in English
Applicants from non-English speaking countries will be required to produce a certificate of proficiency in English such as Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
The University of Nairobi has embarked on ‘Distance Learning’ mode of delivery intended to favour those students who may not be available to take courses either on full time or part-time (evenings and weekends) basis. Currently, the following courses are being offered by distance learning mode:-Bachelor of Education (Arts), Bachelor of Education (Science), Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science. Other programs are due to follow soon.
An applicant who for any reason is unable to take up the offer of admission will be required to inform the Academic Registrar by either filling in Form J1/1B of the joining instructions or writing directly to the Academic Registrar. This information should reach the Academic Registrar at least one week prior to the date of registration. An applicant will be required to apply to defer admission on an annual basis but after the second year the offer of admission will lapse and the applicant will be required to re-apply afresh for admission. It is important that an applicant who defers admission ensures that he or she receives an official letter of deferment of admission from the Academic Registrar. An applicant who fails to inform the Academic Registrar of his/her deferment of admission will be deemed to have forfeited his/her position and will be deregistered from the course admitted to.
Access the online application system to make your application.
UNIVERSITY OF NAIROBI APPLICATION DATES
University of Nairobi has three intakes in an Academic year
- Main intake being in September/October for all the courses and
- December/January for Bachelor of Education(Arts), Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Travel and Tourism
- April/May for Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Education(Arts),Bachelor of Education Early Childhood, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Economics ,Bachelor of Economics and Statistics ,Bachelor of Journalism and Media Studies,Bachelor of Art Broadcast Production, Bachelor of Hospitality Management,Bachelor of Travel and Tourism,Bachelor of Arts Broadcast Production and all Diploma and Certificate courses
The advertisements for the intakes are usually carried in the local press two months before the intake and March/April for the September/October main intake.
University of Nairobi, UoN Online Application Forms
To access the application forms, you need to first visit the online admission portal with a valid e-mail address and an Access Code. If you already have an Access Code, you may continue with the login.