Application for the USTB Chancellor Scholarship for International Students in China 2019/20 Entry is now open at the University of Science and Technology Beijing (USTB) in China.
The University of Science and Technology Beijing (USTB) was founded in 1952 following the amalgamation of the best departments in related fields of five eminent universities as a result of a nationwide reorganization of the higher education system. Over half a century of remarkable growth, it has developed into one of the most influential key national universities sponsored by the Chinese Ministry of Education. USTB is renowned for its study of metallurgy and materials science. Its main focus is on engineering; at the same time it maintains a balanced programme of science, management, humanities, economics and law. It was one of the first universities to be entitled to establish state-approved graduate schools and was chosen to be part of China’s “211 Project”, which is designed to develop a hundred first rate universities in the 21st century. In 2006 it was also selected as one of a select group of pilot universities for the “Platform for National Advanced Disciplines Innovation” program.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
USTB CHANCELLOR SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
- Applicants for bachelor degree, must have a high school graduation certificate and be between the age of 18 and 30.
- Applicants for the master degree must have a bachelor degree and be under the age of 40.
- Applicants for a doctoral degree must have a master degree and be under the age of 45.
USTB CHANCELLOR SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Two copies of application materials are required, one Original of Notarized and one Duplicate.
- Apply online and pay the application fee (600CNY), then print; (onlineapply.ustb.edu.cn)
- Application Form of USTB Chancellor Scholarship
- Certificates (degrees of bachelor and master, the graduation of high school), must be Original of Notarized in Chinese or English;
Remark: Students expecting to graduate should provide an official letter stating expected graduation date, then submit the degree certificate later if admitted;
- Official Transcripts (Bachelor and Master) up to the present, including courses taken and standard achieved, must be Original of Notarized in Chinese or English;
- A Personal Statement, above 800 words for masters, and above 1500 words for doctorates, must be in Chinese or English;
- Two Recommendation Letters from your referees, including their contacts, must be Original in Chinese or English;
- The referees should be professors or associate professors. At least one of them should have knowledge of your recent academic work;
- A copy of your Language Test Result:
- Chinese-taught program: HSK level 4 (bachelor), 5 (master) or 6 (doctorate)
- English-taught program: IELTS 5.5 or TOFEL 70 (bachelor), IELTS 6 or TOFEL 80 (master and doctorate);
- One Photocopy of Passport;
- Health Certificate;
- Acceptance Letter from the supervisor; (Optional)
- Table of contents and abstracts of your academic publications and any other original achievement in your field. (Optional)
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before April 30, 2019 will be considered for the scholarship.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below