Application for the VLIR-UOS ITP Scholarships at the University of Antwerp for the February 2019 entry is now open.
The University of Antwerp Law Faculty’s Law and Development Research Group will be running a training programme on “Sustainable Development and Human Rights Law” (SUSTLAW) from 11 February to 3 May 2019.
SUSTLAW offers a comprehensive teaching programme based on the research lines of the Law and Development Research Group. The postgraduate programme runs in conjunction with the Faculty’s Master of Laws (LL.M).
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
VLIR-UOS ITP SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Nationality and country of residence: A candidate should be both a national and a resident of one of the 31 eligible countries (not necessarily the same country) at the time of the application.
- Relevant professional experience and a support letter: Priority is given to candidates who are employed in academic institutions, research institutes, governments, the social economy or NGOs, or to those who aim to have a career in one of these sectors. The training candidate should have relevant professional experience and a support letter confirming (re)integration in a professional context where the acquired knowledge and skills will be immediately applicable.
- Fungibility with other VLIR-UOS funding: Candidates who are working at a university where we already fund IUC, TEAM or SI projects, can receive an ITP-ICP scholarship if they clearly motivate the reason for their application and if they clarify why the participation at the ICP or ITP programme cannot be funded as part of the IUC, TEAM or SI programme or project funds that already exist.
- Other VLIR-UOS scholarship applications and previously awarded scholarships: A potential candidate can only submit one scholarship application with us per year – irrespective of the scholarship type – and can, therefore, only be selected for one VLIR-UOS scholarship every year. Candidates who already received one of our scholarships to participate in another ITP, will not be eligible. Candidates who already received one of our scholarship to participate in an ICP (or vice versa) can only be selected if the previously attended course is thematically linked to the ITP.
- Candidate must also meet the course’s admission requirements.
VLIR-UOS ITP SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
To apply for an ITP scholarship, you first need to apply for the training programmes at this link. Follow the guidelines for application on the programme´s website. Mention as part of your training application that you wish to apply for the ITP scholarship.