Application for the 40 Add-On Fellowships for Interdisciplinary Life Science in Germany – 2021/2022. Entry is now open at the Joachim Herz Stiftung in Germany.
The program is open for PhD candidates and postdocs who are interested in further training in related disciplines to attend conferences, finance research stays or undertake professional training needed in order to gain new insights into relevant research methods. Researchers will receive a maximum amount of € 12.500 per person to be spent over a period of two years. For fellows with children, additional funds are available to cover specific costs, e.g. related to childcare.
The Joachim Herz Stiftung is a foundation dedicated to promoting education, science, and research in the natural sciences, in economics and business administration as well as in the field of personal development. In addition, the Foundation also provides grants for small, innovative third-party projects.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
40 ADD-ON FELLOWSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- International researchers are eligible to apply for the fellowships.
- Fellowships are awarded for PhD and postdoc program in Interdisciplinary Life Science.
- Applicant must meet the following eligibility criteria:
The grant is open for graduate and postdoc students in various disciplines. The applicants may transition from being a graduate student to a postdoc student in the course of their fellowship. The target group for the add-on fellowships is young scientists conducting interdisciplinary research in the life sciences. Applicants must ensure that any additional funding is permissible in accordance with the rules applicable to their basic financing.
- For admission, the applicant must have to hold all the certificates of graduate and postgraduate studies and the research experience.
- Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at a higher level.
40 ADD-ON FELLOWSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- To apply for the fellowship, the applicants need to send all the required documents and an application in German or English via the web application system.
Application must include:
- Candidates must be ready to submit a letter of motivation, description of research (max. one page), CV, Copies of the study diploma/transcript of records and possibly a doctoral certificate, supporting letter of supervisor/group leader (stating her / his support and the need for fostering the applicant’s interdisciplinary skills).
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before June 9, 2021 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below