Application for the President’s Postdoctoral Fellowship Program in USA – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the American Association for the Advancement of Science in USA.
The aim of the fellowships is to support excellence in science communication globally, with a focus on developing regions and emerging economies. The AAAS-operated science-news service, the EurekAlert! Fellowships for International Science Reporters provide early-career science, technology, and health journalists opportunities to cover the latest research and network with peers from around the world at the AAAS Annual Meeting.
The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) launched EurekAlert! the website, a paid distribution service for press releases focusing on all areas of science, medicine, and technology. Eurekalert! provides news in English, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Japanese. In 2007 EurekAlert! Chinese was launched.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
AAAS EUREKALERT FELLOWSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Early-career science journalists are invited to apply online.
- Five (5) years or less of experience as a professional science reporter.
- Based in China, India, or the Balkan region (Albania, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Greece, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, or Turkey).
- Meet EurekAlert!’ reporter and freelancer eligibility criteria.
- Be able to travel to the 2019 AAAS Annual Meeting in Austin, Texas, USA, February Feb. 13-16, 2020.
- Applicants from China, India, Albania, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Greece, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, or Turkey are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have a Five years or less of experience as a professional science reporter.
- Applicants must have excellent written and verbal English skills.
AAAS EUREKALERT FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Applicants can apply via online:
Application must include:
- Proof of employment and length of service with an accredited news media outlet.
- Three recently published work samples.
- Letter of recommendation from an editor or senior reporter.
- Brief essay.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) is Open.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below