Application for the ACU Sisters of Mercy Scholarship for International Students in Australia – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the Australian Catholic University in Australia.
Established in 2010 by the Ballarat Sisters of Mercy who support the Mission of ACU and wish to contribute to its work, in particular, a commitment to supporting high-quality education based on Christian values and a commitment to mercy and justice. The grant is valued at up to $4,000, paid as one instalment annually for the duration of the course, $1,000 per annum is available for students enrolled full-time, for a maximum of four years, $500 per annum is available for students enrolled part-time, for a maximum of eight years.
Australian Catholic University is a publicly funded university with seven campuses around Australia. It is one of the few Australian universities with a presence in Europe, having opened the Rome Centre in Italy in 2015.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
SISTERS OF MERCY SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Domestic and international students are eligible to apply for this application program.
- Citizenship: domestic and international students
- Faculty: any
- Course: any ACU undergraduate degree
- Campus: Ballarat
- Year level: first or second year (or part-time equivalent)
- From a rural or regional area
- Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
SISTERS OF MERCY SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Apply online by clicking the button below and completing the application form.
Application must include:
- A written statement of approximately 500-800 words outlining:
- How you engage with your local community and how does this reflect the mission and values of ACU?
- The hardship or barriers you have faced in accessing higher education, and how your degree will change your future.
- Three written references: The letter should be submitted to The grants Office no later than 1 October of each year.
- Evidence of relocation or residence in a rural or regional area
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before March 9, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below