Application for the Adelaide University Scholarship For International Student in Australia – 2019/2020 Entry is now open at the University of Adelaide in Australia.
These are available for pursuing Higher Degree by Research (Masters/ Doctoral) at the University of Adelaide. These are awarded to study any of the courses offered by the University of Adelaide.
The ASI provides course tuition fees for two years for a Masters degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only),An annual living allowance ($27,082 in 2018) for two years for a Masters degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only), and for Visa (Subclass 500) visa holders the award provides compulsory standard Overseas Applicant Health Cover (OSHC) Worldcare policy for the pupils and their spouse and dependents (if any) for the standard duration of the visa. It does not cover the additional 6-month extended visa period post-thesis submission. If the award holder does not hold a subclass 500 visa then he/she is responsible for the cost of health insurance.
The University of Adelaide aims to create and engender a university culture that values health, safety and well being as fundamental components of the work environment, supported by safe systems of work, appropriate governance, training, management structures, and operational strategies.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
ADELAIDE UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- International students can apply for these endowments
- Applicants are required to have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Honours degree (this is a four-year degree with a major research project in the final year). All qualifying programs of study must be successfully completed.
- Awards will be awarded on academic merit and research potential. Extra-curricular achievements are not considered.
- International applicants must not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree or, if undertaking a Research Masters degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Masters degree.
- International applicants who have not provided evidence of their meeting the minimum English language proficiency requirements for direct entry by the study closing date, or who have completed a Pre-Enrolment English Program to meet the entry requirements for the intended program of study, are not eligible.
- Citizens and Permanent Residents of Australia, and citizens of New Zealand are ineligible.
- Those undertaking research via remote candidature are ineligible.
- Candidates are required to enroll in the University of Adelaide as ‘international students’ and must maintain ‘international student’ status for the duration of their enrolment in the University.
- Candidates who have applied for Australian permanent resident status can apply for ASI educations.
- International applicants are not eligible if they have already commenced the degree for which they are seeking an award unless they can establish that they were unable to apply in the previous round.
- The study holders must commence study at the University of Adelaide in the semester the study is offered.
- Applicants who applied and were eligible for consideration in an international education around, and were unsuccessful, will automatically be reconsidered in the following international round, assuming they hold a valid offer of candidature for that intake. An applicant who has been considered in 2 rounds cannot be reconsidered in any future rounds.
- The university’s preferred accredited English language tests are: IELTS, TOEFL, Pearson Test of English – Academic and CAE (Cambridge English: Advanced). Pupils without the required level of English will need to satisfactorily complete an intensive program of English language before being admitted to the University of Adelaide. The university can arrange an appropriate English language program, Academic English (PEP Pathway) in Adelaide at the university’s English Language Centre.
ADELAIDE UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- There is no application fee. Note. The University of Adelaide is unable to provide an assessment of eligibility for candidature and/or a free study until a formal application is submitted and assessed. They strongly recommend that all applicants submit their application and all required documents well before the closing date.
Application must include:
- A brief covering letter in order to describe your reason for wishing to take a PhD, research area of this project, a copy of CV, university transcripts, an example of your technical writing, and contact details of two academic referees should be submitted.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before August 31st 2019 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below.