Application is now open for the 2022/2023 AFREhealth Competitive Scholarships by the AFREhealth. It also includes steps on how to apply, but you must meet the criteria before applying.
The AFREhealth Secretariat invites competitive applications from African universities to undertake innovative priority research, training, and education programs which include the development of evidence-based guidance documents in health professions education and research relevant to the African context. Applications that involve more than two AFREhealth universities will be prioritized. The funding awards are for a project period not exceeding twelve months at the end of which there should be demonstrable products including at least one submitted manuscript to a peer-reviewed journal that acknowledges the funding support. Satisfactory accountability of funds endorsed by one’s parent institution is an absolute requirement after completion of the project. For this round, up to 20 competitive applications may be awarded.
AFREHEALTH COMPETITIVE SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
All faculty who have a substantive appointment with a registered African university accredited in the home country are free to apply. Any application to be considered must have an underlying interprofessional approach, an equitable collaboration between at least two African universities, and must be in line with the AFREhealth strategic plan 2021- 2026 which can be accessed here https://afrehealth.org/resource/strategic-plan. Applications that propose de-novo clinical trial(s) are not allowed and will not be considered. However, awardees are permitted to obtain research experience in a clinical trial led by a mentor or co-mentor. Eligible applicants must be endorsed by the leadership of their institution (not a department) via an official letter of support. An AFREhealth Technical Working Group (TWG) can also apply for a specific activity to advance its agenda.
AFREHEALTH COMPETITIVE SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Required elements of the application will include:
I. Cover Letter (1 page)
II. Statement of Intent (1 paragraph)
III. Detailed Proposal (4 pages). This should include
- a demonstrable product(s).
- contact information of the grant management team
IV. Implementation plan including timeline and evaluation plan as appropriate (2 pages)
IV. Detailed Budget and Justification. Applicants can request up to 20,000USD which includes institutional overhead costs not exceeding 8%.
VII. Bio sketches of PI and other key personnel (not more than 3 pages each, submit as one document)
VIII. Letter of support from applicant’s institution
X. Statement addressing institution’s history, accreditation, and capacity to manage federal funds
XI. Provision of DUNS #
Application and Submission Process
Prospective applicants must complete the application process and submit all the required documents at https://afrehealth.org/award/notice-of-funding-award by April 29, 2022, at 12.00 midnight GMT.
- Application Due Date: April 29, 2022, at 12.00 midnight GMT
Intent to submit:
Submit a one-paragraph statement of intent to submit an application (word/pdf) to AFREhealth at email@example.com by 12 April 2022. Please indicate “intent to submit” in the subject line.
- the name of the applicant (or lead applicant),
- Institution of the applicant,
- the title of the proposal and
- a brief description of what the application is about.
- How to Apply for the Bongani Mayosi National Health Scholars Programme >>>
- How to Apply for the SANBI Marine Postdoctoral Fellowship >>>
- How to Apply for the Unisa Honours Bursary >>>
- How to Apply for the GrandWest Bursary Fund
- How to Apply for the Sydney Brenner Fellowship >>>
- How to Apply for the FSNet-Africa Fellowship >>>
- How to Apply for the University of Nairobi Research and Innovation Fellowship >>>
- How to Apply for the NRF Postgraduate Scholarships >>>
- How to Apply for the Vaal University NDT Level Certification Bursary >>>
- How to Apply for the KN Inzuzo Trust Bursary >>>
- How to Apply for the GCRA Bursary >>>
Don’t miss out on current updates, kindly like us on Facebook & follow us on Follow @EAfinder OR leave a comment below for further inquiries.
Joeme is a biochemist by training and a SEO content writer by passion. He has been writing content for the past 4 years. He has expertise in career-related information, education and university admissions.
He is also a certified web publisher.