Application for the for African Scholarships for African Students in UK – 2022/2023. Entry is now open at the University of Essex in UK.
This scholarship programme is exclusively for students from the member states of the African Union towards a postgraduate degree programme at the University of Essex. Eligibility will be determined based on academic certifications. The selected students will receive the amount of £4,500 as a reduction on the tuition fee payable on registration at the University.
The University of Essex is a public research university ranked 370th in the QS World University Rankings 2020. It is appreciated worldwide for its commitment to a culture of collaboration, agility and teamwork, sharing good practices, promoting learning and skills across departments.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
AFRICAN SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Students from member states of the African Union, including Ghana and Nigeria, can apply.
- MA, MSc, LLM, MFA, and MRes.
- The students must have attained CGPA 3.0/4.0 or 3/5 or above.
- Students must be ordinarily resident in an African nation
- Eligible courses are those which are full-time taught Masters’s courses leading to MA, MSc, LLM, MFA, and MRes degrees and start in October 2022 and January 2023.
- Applicants who have firmly accepted an offer of a place by 16 September 2022 (for October 2022 start) or 06 January 2023 (for January 2023 start) and met the academic conditions of entry, will be considered for these scholarships
- Students must hold an undergraduate degree 2:1 or above (or equivalent as defined by our Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria) or its international equivalent.
- The students must provide English language proficiency proof as required by the University.
AFRICAN SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- The applicants need to apply online on the university portal to complete the application process. All students that meet the scholarship criteria will be considered.
Application must include:
- Personal statement
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before 16th September 2022 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below