Application for the Amsterdam Science Talent Scholarship for Non-Dutch EU/EUA Students in Netherlands – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the University of Amsterdam in Netherlands.
The Amsterdam Science Talent Scholarship (ASTS) offered by the Faculty of Science is aimed at non-Dutch talented students from the European Union / European Economic Area who choose to do a Science Master’s program.Scholarship of € 5,000 for one academic year with the possibility of extension for a second year (for two-year Master’s programs).
The University of Amsterdam is a public university located in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Established in 1632 by municipal authorities and later renamed for the city of Amsterdam, the University of Amsterdam.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
AMSTERDAM SCIENCE TALENT SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Non-Dutch talented students from the European Union / European Economic Area can apply.
- Candidates for the ASTS are selected on the basis of their academic excellence and promise in the proposed field as evidenced by:
- The candidate’s academic records. Students belonging to the top 10% of graduates from their class can apply. This means an overall grade point average equivalent to at least:
- 3.5 (GPA American system)
- 1st class honours/ upper division British system
- 8+ (Dutch EC-system); the academic quality of the educational institute where the undergraduate (or graduate) program has been obtained;
- At least two letters of reference from academic staff members;
- The quality of the letter of motivation (maximum 500 words) in which the candidate explains the reasons for choosing the specific Master’s program (broader context, relevance for future career);
- A description of extracurricular activities such as participation in student commissions, international experience, sports or music at a high level or volunteer work;
- Proof of English proficiency (IELTS/TOEFL): TOEFL (internet-based) – overall score of 100 (with a minimum score of 22 in each of the different components), IELTS (academic) – overall score of 7.0 (with at least 7.0 in each of the four components);
- The quality of the application as a whole (completeness, accuracy, consistency).
- English proficiency (IELTS/TOEFL): TOEFL (internet-based) – overall score of 100 (with a minimum score of 22 in each of the different components), IELTS (academic) – overall score of 7.0 (with at least 7.0 in each of the four components).
AMSTERDAM SCIENCE TALENT SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Application for the Amsterdam Science Talent award is part of the application procedure for the Master’s programme of your choice. On your application form, we ask whether you want to be considered for a UvA scholarship. Please check this box if you want to be considered and if you fulfil all the requirements mentioned above.
Application must include:
- A paragraph in your motivation letter in which you explain why you wish to be nominated for the Amsterdam Science Talent Scholarship, and what it would mean for your future academic career.
- After applying, the coordinators of the MSc Programmes decide which students qualify to apply for the opportunity . All students will be informed as soon as possible.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before March 1, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below