Application for the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation – Scholarship in Master of Musicology for East African Students – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the Kabarak University in Kenya.
Kabarak University invites applications for Scholarship in Master of Musicology. Kabarak University School of Music and Performing Arts has received two full scholarships from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation through a sub-grant from the University of Cape Town, South Africa. The successful applicants for this scholarship will pursue a fully-funded Master of Musicology through course work and research at Kabarak University School of Music and Performing Arts, beginning in September 2020. The area of focus for research will be Mapping Africa’s Musical Identities.
The Scholarship is for two academic years, which is the duration it takes to complete the Master of Musicology program. Kabarak University, therefore, invites suitably qualified scholars who meet the basic requirements provided below to apply for the scholarship.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
ANDREW W. MELLON FOUNDATION – SCHOLARSHIP IN MASTER OF MUSICOLOGY ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Applicants must be citizens of East African Community countries.
- Applicants must possess a relevant undergraduate degree in Music from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Applicants should be practising musicians on both indigenous and western music instruments.
- Applicants should have skills and experience in music transcription.
ANDREW W. MELLON FOUNDATION – SCHOLARSHIP IN MASTER OF MUSICOLOGY APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Applicants must fill the scholarship application form available.
Application must include:
- curriculum vitae;
- undergraduate certificates and transcripts;
- a statement of purpose with possible research interests;
- a written sample paper; and
- letters of recommendation from two referees who are professionals in the field of specialization.
Submit COMPLETED applications or enquiries to [email protected]. Kindly note that incomplete applications WILL NOT be considered.
The closing date for applications is April 30, 2020. Candidates who are shortlisted will be invited for face-to-face or online interviews.