Application for the Applications Open for NASA International Postdoctoral Fellowship Program in UK – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the NASA in UK.
NASA Postdoctoral Fellows work on 1 to 3-year assignments with NASA scientists and engineers at NASA centers and institutes to advance NASA’s missions in earth science, heliophysics, planetary science, astrophysics, space bioscience, aeronautics, engineering,human exploration and space operations, astrobiology, and science management. The NPP provides a generous stipend (with allowances for locality and seniority), support for scientific travel, relocation assistance if eligible, and subsidized health insurance. Appointments are renewable for up to three years.
In order to apply applicants must have completed the requirements for a PhD or an equivalent doctorate degree before beginning the fellowship.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
NASA POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- U.S. and International scientists are eligible to apply for this fellowship program.
- Applicants must have completed the requirements for a Ph.D. or an equivalent doctorate degree before beginning the fellowship.
- Applicants must have U.S. citizenship, Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) status, or the Exchange Visitor J-1 Visa (research scholar only) before beginning the fellowship. An H-1B status is not acceptable because the NPP is not an employment program. Applicants are eligible to apply for the NPP while holding the F-1 status. However, if applicants are selected for an appointment, they must change their status to one listed above.
- Since each NPP Fellowship is tied to a specific research opportunity located at a NASA Center or program institute, applicants must relocate to the Center or program institute that supports the opportunity to which they were accepted. In the case of virtual Centers such as the NASA Astrobiology Institute, applicants must relocate to the university location of their advisor as listed on the research opportunity. Establishing and maintaining residency at the Center or at the location of the advisor is required to begin the appointment and to remain in the program.
- Applicants must not have held an NPP appointment for five years prior to applying. NPP Fellows are eligible for another award five years after the end of the previous appointment.
- Some NASA Centers may require a security or visitation clearance before you start your appointment. The NPP Center Representative will notify you in advance if a clearance is required.
- Applicants cannot start their NPP appointment until all appointment requirements are met. This includes completing and returning all required forms and documentation to USRA. USRA will not issue an advance stipend check, start to stipend payments, or approve relocation travel until all requirements are met.
NASA POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- The mode of application is online. Applicants must register on the Applicant Portal to submit their application to the NASA Postdoctoral Program. They may return and edit the application; they do not have to complete it in one session.
Application must include:
- Letters of Reference
- The research proposal
- Proposal Format
- Graduate Degree Transcripts
- Acceptable Transcripts
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before July 1, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below