Application for the ARTES Doctoral Awards for International Students in Germany – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the University of Cologne in Germany.
The aim of this application encourages young scholars to go beyond the boundaries of their disciplines. This dialogic, cross-disciplinary approach aims to foster an understanding of a wide range of knowledge processes in all their complexity. Candidate will cover the following: The a.r.t.e.s. the doctoral scholarship is a fully-funded position of EUR 1,400 per month that is awarded for three years
The University of Cologne is a university in Cologne, Germany. It was the sixth university to be established in Central Europe and, although it closed in 1798 before being re-established in 1919, it is now one of the largest universities in Germany with more than 48,000 students.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
ARTES DOCTORAL AWARDS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- In addition to an outstanding final degree, the a.r.t.e.s. Graduate School particularly seeks to promote young talented graduates who have successfully completed their studies as quickly as possible and who look for immediate funding opportunities after their final examination.
- The a.r.t.e.s. Graduate School welcomes applications from young graduates expeditiously and who strive for dissertation project supplementation directly after their final examination. In this framework, a.r.t.e.s. also wants to support young researchers with non-academic family background.
- Applicants must have a previous year’s degree
ARTES DOCTORAL AWARDS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Applicants can apply via email:
- All applications are to be submitted only via e-mail to rates-application(at)uni-koeln.de. Please submit the following:
- Completed application form
- (Please download the PDF application form to your PC before completing it, as completing it in the browser frequently causes problems. Please remember to save your entries. To minimize the chance of complications, we advise you to complete the form using the latest version of the official Adobe Acrobat Reader.)
Application must include:
- Covering letter
- Curriculum vitae
- List of publications (if applicable)
- A scan of university diploma (final degree) & Transcript of Records (Intermediate certificates or Bachelor’s degree diplomas are not required.)
(If necessary, please include translations of the documents into either German, English, or French.)
- Report on degree thesis (e.g. M. A. thesis)
- Research proposal for the doctoral dissertation project
(7,000–12,000 characters plus appendix & bibliography)
- Expert report on the doctoral dissertation project
- Both documents (application form and the PDF file with the further documents) can be submitted in one e-mail. Please ensure that the size of the attached files complies with the requirements of your e-mail provider.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before October 23, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below