The application for the ASCB Life Sciences Scholarship for the academic year 2021/2022 is now open by ASCB for all interested students in Africa, Central and South America.
ASCB is providing training opportunities for African, Central and South American early career researchers in the life sciences, including graduate students, postdocs, and junior faculty who are ASCB members (or who become ASCB members upon acceptance). The program provides research and teaching exposure for this group of researchers.
The ASCB International Training Scholarship Program will provide funding, mentoring, and networking directly to ASCB members interested in research and teaching experiences within the United States.
ASCB will award scholarships up to $50,000 to pay for courses or independent projects.
ASCB LIFE SCIENCES SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY
- To be considered for this program you must be an international researcher from an African, Central or South American Country ONLY. We will require applicants to provide proof of nationality (e.g., passport). Travel must be within the United States only. Candidates residing in Africa, Central or South America may apply to attend virtual courses.
HOW TO APPLY FOR ASCB LIFE SCIENCES SCHOLARSHIP
Applicants will be asked for the following:
- Proof of citizenship in Africa, Central or South America
- CV or Resume
- Letter of recommendation from current advisor, PI, or research collaborator
- Statement of interest with details on why this scholarship will benefit your career (1- 2 pages max.)
- If submitting a proposal please provide a 250-word abstract that includes a brief project description, hoped-for impact. A maximum 6-page Project Plan that includes the following elements, preferably in this order: 1) What are the intended impacts (short and long term)? Include a clear definition of the audience you plan to reach. 2) Full project description, including how it can be implemented in the context of the coronavirus pandemic; 3) How will your project achieve your proposed impacts; 4) Project timeline.
- Budget and budget justification (Download our sample budget sheet)
The application deadline is January 15, 2022.
Application Procedure and Contact
Candidates may apply directly by completing the scholarship application form (HERE).
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
- Completed applications need to be submitted on or before 15/12/2022.
- How to Apply for the SAMRC RCDI-nested Postdoc Fellowship >>>
- How to Apply for the CETA Scholarship >>>
- How to Apply for the Unisa Honours Scholarship >>>
- How to Apply for the GrandWest Scholarship >>>
- How to Apply for the UWC Financial Aid
- How to Apply for the FoodBev SETA Research and Innovation Scholarship >>>
- How to Apply for the DAC Bursaries for Heritage-related Studies >>>
- How to Apply for the Multichoice Scholarship >>>
- How to Apply to the University of Nairobi Research and Innovation Fellowship >>>
- How to Apply for the NRF Postgraduate Scholarships >>>
- How to Apply for the Vaal University NDT Level Certification Scholarship >>>
- How to Apply for the GCRA Scholarship >>>
Don’t miss out on current updates, kindly like us on Facebook & follow us on Follow @EAfinder OR leave a comment below for further inquiries.