Application for the ASEAN-India Research Training Fellowship for ASEAN Member States in India – 2019/2020. Entry is now open at the ASEAN-India Science & Technology.
The AIRTF scheme is a fellowship scheme with the following objectives: To promote mobility of scientists and researchers from the ASEAN-Member Countries to India and provide the opportunity to work at Indian R&D/ academic institutions to upgrade their research skills and expertise. To facilitate the exchange of information and contacts between the scientists and researchers of India and ASEAN Countries and create a network for building research collaborations. Full financial assistance will be provided to the selected Fellows which will include the following: All international travel-related expenses i.e. round trip international airfare by excursion/ economy class by the shortest route from the international airport in the home country of the applicant to the international airport nearest to the host institution in India; visa fees, overseas medical insurance etc, A consolidated Fellowship amount of Indian Rupees (INR) 50,000 per month (non-taxable) for accommodation, meals and other miscellaneous, A one-time grant of INR 40,000/- for 6 months period for research contingency expenses, airport transfers, domestic travel (by road) for attending scientific /events and field-trips within India, and Institutional overhead charges @ Rs. 2,500/- per month, The allowance as in (a), (b) and (c) will be released to the host institution in India for disbursement to the Fellow. The host Institution will arrange appropriate accommodation for the Fellow on payment basis.
ASEAN-India Science & Technology Collaboration formally started in 1996 with the establishment of ASEAN India S&T working group (AIWGST). Initially, the collaborative S&T projects and activities between India and ASEAN were supported through ASEAN India Fund (AIF) but in 2008, a dedicated ASEAN India S&T Development Fund (AISTDF) with an equivalent amount of 1 million US $ was established jointly by MEA and DST to support R&D projects and associated project development activities.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
ASEAN-INDIA FELLOWSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Students from the ASEAN Member States: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must be holding the nationality of any of the ASEAN Member State.
- Possess at least a Masters Degree in any Natural Sciences or an equivalent degree in Technology / Engineering / Medicine / allied disciplines.
- Applicant should be working/studying and / or affiliated to any national R&D or academic institution in his/ her home ASEAN Member country. The application should be endorsed by the Head of his/ her institution confirming that if selected, he/ she will be sanctioned leave for the Fellowship period and will join his/ her duties back in the institution on completion of the Fellowship in India.
- The upper age limit for the applicant is 45 years as on date of submission of application.
- Fluency in the English language
- Indian nationals are not eligible for the Fellowship.
- Applicants must have Fluency in the English language.
ASEAN-INDIA FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Only online applications will be accepted. Hard copies of the application by post/ courier/ FAX are neither required nor will be considered.
Application must include:
- Copy of Relevant Pages of Passport
- Copy of an endorsement from the present employer, duly filled in and signed, along with Signature of the applicant. Take a print out of the format of Endorsement of Present Employer appended at the end of the Application format and attach a scanned copy of the appropriately filled up document along with the application form).
- A copy of the letter/email from any Indian scientist/ institution with consent to accept you to work with them if you get selected.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before November 1, 2019 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below