Application for the Asian Development Bank-Japan International Scholarship Program – 2019/2020 Entry is now open for International students at the University of Auckland in New Zealand.
The Japanese Government is pleased to announce the Japan Scholarship Program at the Asian Development Bank. The scholarship is open to pursuing postgraduate studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions in the Asia-Pacific region.
The aim is to provide an opportunity for well-qualified citizens of ADB’s developing member countries to undertake postgraduate studies.
Founded in 1883, Auckland is the country’s largest university with over 40,000 students, nearly 10,000 of whom graduate annually. The values of the University reflect a commitment to Conserving, advancing and disseminating knowledge through teaching, learning, research and creative work of the highest standard.
The scholarship will be awarded in the field of economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions in the Asia-Pacific region.
The scholarship will cover:
- Tuition fees at the University of Auckland.
- Airfare from the scholar’s home country to Auckland, New Zealand.
- The basic cost of living in Auckland.
- Health and medical insurance in New Zealand.
- Airfare from Auckland, New Zealand, to the scholar’s home country at the conclusion of his or her course of study.
- For scholars engaged in research, a special grant may be available for thesis preparation.
- Note: The ADB-JSP does not cover dependents.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK-JAPAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Be a national of an ADB borrowing member. For a list of current developing member countries visit the ADB – Japan Scholarship Programme.
- Have gained admission to an approved master at an approved academic institution.
- Have a bachelors degree or its equivalent with a superior academic record.
- Have at least two years of full-time professional work experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application.
- Be proficient in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
- Be under 35 years old at the time of application. In exceptional cases, for programmes which are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years.
- Be in good health.
- Agree to return to your home country after completing the programme.
University of Auckland programmes covered by this scholarship scheme are limited to the following:
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Science (Environmental Science)
- Master of Arts (Development Studies)
- Master of International Business
- Masters programmes in Engineering.
ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK-JAPAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
The mode of application is online. All applications must include:
- Completed ADB-JSP Information Sheet
- Academic documentation – both academic transcripts and degree certificates
- Certificate of Employment for the duration of employment issued by the company
- Certificate of Income issued by the company
- Certificate of Family Income issued by the company. Must be either your parents or spouses annual/monthly income.
- Copy of your Passport
- Valid IELTS test
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before July 19, 2019 will be considered for the scholarship.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below