Application for the President’s Postdoctoral Fellowship Program in USA – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the University of Oslo in USA.
Applicants are invited to apply for the post of Associate Professor in Runology and Older Scandinavian language is providing by the University of Oslo.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
POSTDOCTORAL PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- PhD or equivalent academic qualifications within runologyDocumented interest in and ability to teach and carry out research on runology and older Scandinavian language history.
- Documented pedagogical skills (either a teaching course certificate or based on teaching experience),
- The Documented potential for project acquisition
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English and Norwegian or another Scandinavian language (see Formal regulations)
- Personal suitability and motivation for the position
- The following qualifications will count in the assessment of the applicants:
- Academic qualifications and academic production in runology and the older history of the Scandinavian languages, with emphasis on works published within the last 5 years. Originality and innovative thinking will be weighted more heavily than quantity.
- International peer-reviewed publications
- Experience with research projects
- Potential to contribute to the long-term development of the academic and research environment at the Department
- Pedagogical qualifications, documented results from teaching and supervision, and disposition to inspire students
- Interest and ability in leadership and administration
- Ability to create and contribute to a positive environment for collaboration
- Experience with and ability to build international networks
- Skills within popular dissemination, public outreach and innovation
- In the evaluation of the qualified candidates, the full range of these criteria will be explicitly addressed and assessed.
POSTDOCTORAL PROGRAM APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Applications is Online.
Application must include:
- The application letter (statement of motivation, summarizing scientific work and research interest).
- Curriculum Vitae (list of education, positions, pedagogical experience, administrative experience, project acquisition and coordination experience, and other relevant qualifications).
- Complete list of published and unpublished works.
- 2-3 descriptions of suggested topics for master’s theses, of which at least one must be practice-related.
- Description of one or more research projects which may be relevant for the Department.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before November 4, 2019 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below