Application for the A*Star Fellowship for Domestic & International Students in Singapore – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the University of Winchester in Singapore.
The educational program is open to all international students who want to take part in a postdoctoral research program for up to 2 years. This scholarship fully funds your postdoctoral training at leading overseas laboratories. Successful applicants will be given the following support* for up to 2 years of overseas post-doctoral research training: Monthly overseas living allowance, Monthly sustenance allowance, inclusive of CPF contribution (where applicable), Annual return airfare, Other allowances including; Settling-in allowance, Computer allowance, Conference allowance, and Annual personal insurance.
Founded in 1991, the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) drives mission-oriented research that advances scientific discovery and technological innovation. Its research creates economic growth and jobs for Singapore.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
A*STAR FELLOWSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Students from all nationalities are welcome to apply for the grant.
- The program will be awarded in any subject offered by the university.
- Be Singaporeans and other nationals may apply but non-Singaporeans are required to have obtained Singapore citizenship prior to the commencement of the fellowship.
- Have completed a PhD within the last 4 years.
- Possess excellent publication records.
- Not have existing bonds to any institution.
- Have applied or be applying for a relevant post-doctoral position at a top overseas university/laboratory.
- For taking admission, candidates must have a master’s degree.
- Applicants must have a good knowledge of English, both written and verbal.
A*STAR FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- To take advantage of this program, interested students need to concurrently apply to the university for admission. After then enrolled holders must be applying for the award here.
Application must include:
- Applicants may submit GRE scores (if available) to be included in the overall assessment of their application.
- Applications are open throughout the year.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below