Application for the Auckland University Faculty of Culture and Society Scholarship in New Zealand – 2019/2020 Entry is now open at the Auckland University in New Zealand.
When you become an AUT student, you’ll join a diverse and collaborative community. Our facilities are outstanding, we’re proud of our connections with the community. The sponsorship will cover the scholarship consists of tuition fees and student services levies of up to a maximum of $9,250 for 120pts at Level 8 or above in the approved program of study completed within a twelve-month period,stipend scholarships may be awarded to top applicants. In cases where full fees plus a stipend is awarded the stipend will be valued at $5,000 during the twelve-month period.
AUT creates graduates who are world-ready, not just career ready. Curiosity, creativity, connection, and collaboration are the new global currency. That’s why they’re at the core of our teaching philosophy to ensure our students thrive in this world of rapid technological change.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
AUCKLAND SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Award is available for international students.
- Applicants must be either studying at AUT at the time of application or have completed their qualifying degree in a relevant field at AUT, or another New Zealand University, no more than two years prior at the time of application.
- Applicants must achieve a minimum GPA minimum of 7.00 (A-) across a minimum of 120pts in the final year of their qualifying degree; or be registered in ARION as having M?ori or Pacific first ethnicity and achieve a minimum GPA of 6.5 (B+/A-) across 120pts in the final year of their qualifying degree.
- Be able to prove significant financial hardship and achieve a minimum GPA of 6.5 (B+/A-) across 120pts in the final year of their qualifying degree.
- if you are from a majority you may not be required to provide further proof of your English Language proficiency.
AUCKLAND SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Applicants must complete the AUT Postgraduate application online available through the AUT Scholarships Database www.aut.ac.nz/scholarships. Applications will open in October of the year preceding study for Semester 1 study or May for study in Semester 2. The following documentation must be received on or before the closing date.
Application must include:
- A one-page personal statement outlining the applicant’s academic goals and career aspirations stating why they believe they merit the program. If the applicant is applying under the category M?ori or Pacific they must outline their cultural involvement.
- The personal statement should also attach an outline of recent leadership positions or responsibilities held within the University or community.
- If an applicant wishes to be considered under the Financial Hardship category they must address this in their personal statement and upload evidence of their financial position i.e. an IRD statement of income and provide the details of a referee, other than a family member or friend, who can support the applicant’s financial need.
- A copy of the applicant’s transcript will be added to the application by The grants Office once grades have been finalized.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before November 15, 2019 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below