Application for the BACS-Taiwan Huayu Enrichment Scholarships for International Students in Taiwan – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the BACS: The British Association for Chinese Studies in Taiwan.
Established by the Ministry of Education, Republic of China (Taiwan) (the MoE) to encourage international students to undertake Mandarin courses to study Chinese in Taiwan in order to provide them with opportunities to study authentic Chinese, to increase their understanding of Taiwanese culture and society and to promote mutual understanding and interactions between Taiwan and the international community. A monthly stipend of NT$25,000 is provided to cover fees and to contribute to maintenance expenses.
The British Association for Chinese Studies is a non-political organization which aims to encourage and promote Chinese studies in the United Kingdom.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
BACS-TAIWAN SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- International students (Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao students are not eligible) are eligible to apply for this application programme.
- International applicants above the age of 18, who possess A-Levels (or equivalent qualifications) or above, an excellent academic record and are of good moral character are eligible. Candidates to whom one or more of the following criteria apply are ineligible for the opportunity .
- Overseas Chinese students and nationals of the R.O.C.
- Those currently studying Mandarin in Taiwan or who have studied a degree programme in Taiwan.
- Those who have previously received a HES or a Taiwan Scholarship.
- Those who will be an exchange student to Taiwan under an agreement between partner institutions in the UK and Taiwan during the program period.
- Those currently receiving financial benefits from the Taiwan government or other educational institutions.
- Those who are not UK nationals.
- Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
BACS-TAIWAN SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Applicants need to submit the following documents electronically to the British Association for Chinese Studies (BACS) before the announced deadline (in principle, the yearly application:
Application must include:
- An application form (provided by BACS).
- A scanned copy of his/her UK passport.
- Scanned copies of the certificates of his/her highest academic qualification.
- Proof of application to a recognised Taiwanese language centre
- HES: Application Form (2020)
- HES: Reference Form (2020)
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before March 29, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below