Application for the Barjeel Global Fellowship for the Middle East and/or North African Students in USA – 2019 Entry is now open at the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago in USA.
The Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago in collaboration with the Barjeel Art Foundation is offering Barjeel Global Fellowship. The fellowship is open to the students who have possessed a Master of Arts degree or be in their final year of graduate work.
This exciting opportunity serves as an opportunity for budding international curators to learn and work in a pioneering, globally-focused American institution and invites a young, new perspective from the Middle East and/or North Africa regions to the MCA.
The fellowship will be awarded in art history, museum studies, and related fields whose work demonstrates a strong emphasis on art historical research and methodology.
This full-time, twelve-month fellowship starts on July 1, 2019, and carries a stipend of $45,000 (inclusive of $10,000 for housing support) and J-1 visa costs, if applicable, will be covered by the MCA.
The Museum of Contemporary Art is an innovative and compelling center of contemporary art where the public can experience the work and ideas of live artists and can understand the historical, social and cultural context of the art of our time.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
BARJEEL GLOBAL FELLOWSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Candidates who originate from the Middle East and/or North Africa with backgrounds in art history, museum studies, and related fields whose work demonstrates a strong emphasis on art historical research and methodology.
- The applicants must possess a Master of Arts degree or be in their final year of graduate work
- They must also possess two years of museum experience and/or research position at the college or university level
- Demonstrated commitment to the field of contemporary art through writing, curating or other activities is also required
- Evidence of self-directed curatorial work or critical writing is a plus, and candidates should exhibit strong communication skills and a readiness to express their intellect and point of view.
BARJEEL GLOBAL FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
The mode of application is online. All applications must include:
- A cover letter that includes the name, current and permanent addresses, and telephone numbers of the applicant
- A full resume of education and employment history
- An essay describing the applicant’s interest in this fellowship and museum work
- Two writing samples—each individual writing sample should not exceed 2,000 words
- Application materials should be sent to [email protected]
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before March 15, 2019 will be considered for the scholarship.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below