Application for the BIGSSS PhD Positions for International Students in Germany – 2021. Entry is now open at the University of Bremen or Jacobs University in Germany.
There are up to 7 studentships are available for outstanding international students in order to take part in a PhD degree program at the university for the session 2021/2022. Successful applicants will receive a work contract for 36 months, based on salary scale E13 TV-L/TVöD (65%), at Jacobs University or the University of Bremen.
BIGSSS is an international inter-university graduate school in the social sciences, located at the University of Bremen and Jacobs University Bremen. It provides the best international doctoral education.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
BIGSSS PHD POSITIONS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- All nationalities.
- The program is characterized by interdisciplinary collaboration between researchers from various fields, particularly psychology, sociology and political science.
- Candidates with strong academic abilities and a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in psychology, sociology, or political science.
- All accepted researchers are asked to move to Bremen for the program as a presence at the institution is required.
- Please submit your application for a BIGSSS Regular PhD Fellowship in the RTG SELF electronically after creating an account in the online admissions system.
- Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
BIGSSS PHD POSITIONS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- To apply for the grant, students have to take admission in the self PhD program at the University of Bremen or Jacobs University.
Application must include:
- To apply, candidates must submit all required documents in the following: Personal Information form (to be completed in the online admissions system)
- Curriculum Vitae (free text – PDF)
- Preliminary Dissertation Proposal (free text – PDF)
- One-page Proposal Abstract (free text – PDF)
- Statement of Purpose (free text – PDF)
- Statement of Skills and Experience with Methods of Empirical Social Research (free text – PDF)
- MA/BA/Diplom/Magister Certificates (scan – PDF)
- University Grade Transcripts (scan – PDF)
- Certification of English Proficiency (we accept TOEFL, iELTS, CAE/CPE (Cambridge Exams)) (scan – PDF)
- Two Recent Letters of Recommendatio
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below