Application for the Bill Gates Scholarship for Overseas in UK – 2019/2020 Entry is now open at the University of Cambridge in UK
Gates Cambridge The studentships are one of the most prestigious international awards in the world. The programme was established in 2000 by a donation of US$210m from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to the University of Cambridge; this is the largest ever single donation to a UK university.Gates Cambridge will offer 80 full-cost scholarships to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge.Approximately two-thirds of these awards will be offered to PhD students, with approximately 25 awards available in the US round and 55 available in the International round.
Gates Cambridge The studentships are prestigious, highly competitive full-cost scholarships. They are awarded to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
BILL GATES SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- a citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom.
- applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge: PhD (three-year research-only degree); MSc or MLitt (two-year research-only degree); or a one-year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA etc.)
- if you are studying for an MPhil you can apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship to do a PhD. However, if you have already started a course, you cannot apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship to fund the rest of it.
- You must apply by the second, international deadline and go through the same process of departmental ranking, shortlisting and interviewing as all other candidates.
- Citizens of any country outside the United Kingdom can apply for these bill gates scholarships.
BILL GATES SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- The mode of applying is electronically or by post.
Application must include:
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship)will be considered. Application deadline for US- October 9, 2019, and For International- either 3 December 2019 or 7 January 2020 (Dependent on your course).
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below