Application for the BIS Research Fellowship for International Students in Switzerland – 2019/2020 Entry is now open at the Bank for International Settlements in Switzerland.
The aim of the award allows prominent scholars to gain an insight into the policymaking environment of the BIS and foster joint research between academics and BIS economists.Successful candidates will be offered accommodation, reimbursement of travel costs, and a monthly or daily honorarium.
Bank for International Settlements (BIS) is an international financial institution owned by central banks that “promotes international monetary and financial cooperation and acts as a bank for central banks”.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
BIS RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Candidates should have an outstanding publication record and hold a PhD from a leading university.
- In considering applications, the BIS will pay particular regard to the relevance of the research to current problems in economics and finance.
- While at the BIS, research fellows will be expected to complete one or more research papers of a theoretical or empirical nature for presentation at internal seminars and external conferences and for publication both as a BIS Working Paper and in a leading refereed journal.
- All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
BIS RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Applicants can apply via email
- Applications should be sent to bisrf-at-bis.org
Application must include:
- A one-page summary of the research work that the candidate proposes to carry out at the BIS, specifying the objectives of the work, the methodological, statistical and computing requirements involved, and the approximate time needed to complete the research and prepare submissions.
- Candidates need to submit curriculum vitae, including details of the candidate’s publication record.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before September 30, 2019 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below