Application for the BMS International PhD Positions Program in Germany – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the Berlin Mathematical School in Germany.
The BMS is a joint graduate school of the mathematics departments of the three major Berlin universities, TU Berlin, FU Berlin, and HU Berlin. The BMS offers scholarships, both for Phase I and for Phase II students, funded by the German Science Foundation DFG in the framework of the “Excellence Initiative” and by the three Berlin universities, The application for a scholarship can be included in the application for admission, there is a special section – no extra application materials are needed, Phase I scholarships: Typical Phase I are granted for 18 months (extendable by 6 months), and amount to at least 800 Euro per month, tax-free (no insurances included), Phase II scholarships: Phase II opportunities are typically granted for 24 months (extendable by 12 months) and usually amount to about 1468 Euro per month, tax-free (no insurances included). There are extra child-care funds reserved for BMS-students who take care of children.
All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
BMS PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Students entering Phase I of the BMS are expected to have a bachelor degree or equivalent. (Thus, in particular, Berlin mathematics students in their “Hauptstudium” can apply for membership in BMS. For students who are further advanced, part of the Phase I course requirements may be waived.)
- For entering Phase II, students are expected to have a master degree or to pass the BMS Qualifying Exams. (In particular, they thus satisfy the regular admission requirements of the Berlin universities’ PhD programs.)
- Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have masters degree.
- University does not require a hard copy of test result by post, therefore they no longer list our TOEFL code on their website. Simply upload your test result to your online application form by the given deadline. As well as TOEFL, they also accept IELTS and CAE.
- No Test Requirement.
BMS PROGRAM APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- The mode of applying is online.
Application must include:
- Online Application Form
- Two Letters of Recommendation (pdf)
- Statement of Financial Resources (online form)
- Personal Statement (pdf)
- Curriculum Vitae (pdf)
- University Transcripts (pdf)
- Proof of Proficiency in English (pdf)
- Research Statement – Phase II applicants only (pdf)
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before December 1, 2019 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below