Application for the Bonnart Trust PhD Funding for International Students in UK – 2021/2022. Entry is now open at the Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds in UK.
The fellowship is designed for both European and non-European citizens. It provides talented young medics with an opportunity to pursue ambitious research projects in internationally renowned laboratories. The fellowship comprises a competitive monthly stipend that is initially granted for 2 years and that can be extended for up to another 12 months. Participation in international scientific conferences is also supported. In addition, fellowship holders are offered personal support, seminars to discuss their projects, communication training and alumni meetings, and thus can become part of a worldwide network.
Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds is a non-profit organization for the special and direct promotion of basic research in biomedicine. It offers various science courses and customized support programmes which are highly beneficial for academic careers.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
BONNART TRUST PHD FUNDING ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- European and non-European citizens are eligible to apply for the fellowships.
- The Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds (BIF) awards PhD fellowships to European citizens working in Europe or overseas, and to non-European citizens pursuing their PhD project in Europe. At the respective deadline (1 February, 1 June, 1 October) the university entrance qualification (secondary school leaving certificate/A-levels/university entrance test that permits to pursue first university studies after finishing school) must not have been achieved more than 8 years ago.
- The PhD project must be experimental, in the field of basic biomedical research and aimed at elucidating basic biological phenomena of human life and acquiring new scientific knowledge
- For admission to study the PhD degree program, applicants must have good grades.
- All applicants must have to meet the English language requirements for the fellowship IELTS 6.5 and IELTS 5.5.
BONNART TRUST PHD FUNDING APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- The application for a PhD fellowship of the Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds consists of two parts:
- the online application via the online application portal
- two paper copies of the application to be sent by regular mail to Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds, Schuster. 46-48, 55116 Mainz, Germany
Application must include:
- title and summary of PhD project (max. 1,400 characters including blanks);
- detailed presentation of a PhD project
- reasons for wishing to work with a particular group
- summary of the final experimental thesis (e.g. bachelor, diploma or master thesis) before embarking on the PhD project
- list of applicant’s publications (if applicable);
- certificates of all academic qualifications (including grades) and certificates of professional education prior to university (if applicable); in chronological order, the newest on top;
- photocopies of high school diploma/secondary school leaving certificate (e.g. Abitur, Baccalaureate, A-Levels) and, where applicable, university entrance test (e.g. SAT/ACT, PAU, YGS/LYS, Joint Entrance Examination etc.)
- letter of recommendation from the supervisor of the PhD thesis.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before June 1, 2021 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below