Application for the Boren Undergraduate Financial Aid to Study Abroad in USA – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the Boren Awards in USA.
These are available for an undergraduate degree program in abroad including Africa. Boren programs are awarded preference for countries, languages, and fields of study critical to U.S. national security. Maximum awards are: $8,000 for a summer program (special initiative for STEM students only; 8 weeks minimum), $10,000 for a semester, and $20,000 for a 6 – 12 months.
Boren Scholarships promote long term linguistic and cultural immersion and therefore study abroad proposals for two or more semesters are strongly encouraged. Preference will be given to undergraduate applicants proposing at least 6 months overseas.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
BOREN FINANCIAL AID ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- A U.S. citizen at the time of application
- Either matriculated in or applying to a graduate degree program at a U.S. college or university located within the United States and accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Boren Fellows must remain matriculated in their graduate programs for the duration of the fellowship and may not graduate until the fellowship is complete.
- Planning an overseas program that meets home institution standards in a country outside of Western Europe, Canada, Australia, or New Zealand. Boren Fellowships are not for study in the United States.
- Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
BOREN FINANCIAL AID APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Consult with your Boren campus representative about your on-campus deadline and requirements. Review the How to Apply section of the website. Proceed to the online application login and click on “Register New User.” After you enter your email address and a password, the system will email you link from which you can access your application in the future.
Application must include:
- The Boren application includes eight sections, as well as a letter of recommendation section, review application, application summary, and submit an application.
- To view the entire application in order, click “next” through the buttons at the bottom of each page.
- You may only use the right navigation to skip from section to section once you have saved at least one field in a particular section. The save button is in the upper right-hand corner of the application. Therefore, you may find it in your interest to use the right-hand navigation after doing this for each section. You can always change your response later.
- The application will save whenever you click either “Save” or “Next”, or when you move to another section of the application.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before February 5, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below