Application for the Bower Award and Prize for Achievement in Science in USA – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the Franklin Institute in USA.
This is an international competition open for individuals who have made significant contributions to neural networks for machine learning. The award, 14k gold medal, and a cash prize of $250,000 are presented annually to a distinguished member of the international scientific community for work in a prescribed discipline that changes each year.
The Franklin Institute is a science museum and the center of science education and research in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. The mission of the institute is to inspire a passion for learning about science and technology.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
BOWER AWARD ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- This is an international competition for individuals who have made significant contributions to neural networks for machine learning.
- The award will be given in the field of machine learning.
- This award and prize must be presented to an individual, as specified by the will of Henry Bower.
- Candidates must be living, and the winner must participate in The Franklin Institute Awards Week programs, to be held in April 2021 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA.
- Nominations from any individual or organization will be accepted, including self-nominations.
- An email of intent to nominate would be appreciated by April 30, 2020.
- The studentships are available to candidates from all around the world.
- To apply for the program applicants must have a previous degree.
- All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
BOWER AWARD APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- To apply for the opportunity , all nominations and supporting letters should be mailed or emailed to:
Director, The Franklin Institute Awards
The Franklin Institute
222 North 20th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103-1194
Email: [email protected]
Application must include:
- To apply, students must be ready to submit the CV, Name and contact information of the nominee, bibliography of significant and relevant publications, Proposed citation of 50 words or fewer, A narrative statement describing the nominee’s qualifications, confidential letters of support, etc.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before December 31, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below