Application for the Bridge Scholarships for Afghanistan Students in Germany – 2022/2023. Entry is now open at the DAAD in Germany.
The aim of the programme is to support students and researchers from Afghanistan with bridge scholarships to start or continue their bachelor’s or master’s studies at a state or state-recognized higher education institution in Germany. The university will provide all the following benefits: Depending on the academic level, monthly payments of 861 euros for undergraduates (preparatory college and bachelor) and graduates (master), 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates and postdoctoral researchers, payments towards health, accident, and personal liability insurance cover. Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits: monthly rent subsidy and monthly allowance for family members.
The German Academic Exchange Service, or DAAD, was founded in 1925 and is the largest German support organization in the field of international academic cooperation. DAAD is a private, federally funded, state-funded, self-governing national agency of the institutions of higher education in Germany.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
BRIDGE SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Afghanistan applicants are eligible to apply.
- The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university.
- Undergraduates, Graduates, doctoral candidates, and postdoctoral researchers from all disciplines are eligible to apply,
- who can prove that they have Afghan citizenship (no dual citizenship),
- who are already enrolled as bachelor’s or master’s students resp. who submit an admission letter until the application deadline or have been accepted as doctoral students and postdoctoral researchers at an institution resp. who submit confirmation of supervision or an invitation letter until the application deadline
- who, as a rule, are already in Germany with a valid residence permit at the time of the application deadline,
- who, as a rule, have not been staying in Germany for longer than 15 months at the time of the application deadline
- Aspirants must have a previous degree certificate with excellent marks.
- When applying for a study admission and thus for the beginning of the scholarship, you generally have to submit an appropriate language certificate (e.g. DSH or TestDaF if the language of instruction is German, e.g. TOEFL or IELTS if the language of instruction is English). You should contact your chosen host university in good time to obtain information on this. Therefore, you must already prove in your scholarship application what level of knowledge of the language of instruction (German, English, or German and English) of your chosen degree programme you currently have.
BRIDGE SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Application must include:
- online application form
- Afghan identification document along with a valid residence permit for Germany
- confirmation that no dual citizenship exists
- full curriculum vitae (max. 3 pages long)
- letter of motivation (1 to 3 pages long) describing the current personal risk situation as well as outlining the prospects in Germany made possible by a scholarship
- Proof of documentation affirming the current study resp. degree status (see Call for Scholarships Applications in the scholarship database)
- bachelor and master: enrolment certificate for a study degree programme at a state or state-recognized higher education institution in Germany or proof of admission until the application deadline
- Doctorate and postdoctoral phase: acceptance as a (post)doctoral student at a state or state-recognized higher education institution or non-university research institute in Germany or a confirmation of supervision resp. invitation letter and other documents, as indicated in the scholarship database.
- Applications is Open.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below