Application for the Canada-CARICOM Faculty Leadership Program for International Students in Canada – 2021/2022. Entry is now open at the Government of Canada in Canada.
Global Affairs Canada is the department in the Government of Canada. The department has undergone numerous name changes and re-organizations in recent years. It offers a Number of Awards and awards for international students to study and conduct research in Canada. The scholarship value varies depending on the duration and level of study. The scholarship value for recipients is: CAD 2,700 for faculty members for two to three weeks of course work or research as part of their professional development; CAD 2,700 for international directors, managers or administrators for two to three weeks of course work, or for a practicum in the area of internationalization of post-secondary institutions or student mobility as part of their professional development; or CAD 9,700 for faculty members for five to six months of study or research at the graduate level.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
CANADA-CARICOM LEADERSHIP PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Candidates must be citizens of one of the following eligible CARICOM countries: Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Montserrat, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos.
- The sponsorship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- They must be employed full-time as faculty or as international managers/administrators at a recognized higher education institution in an eligible country at the time of application and for the full duration of the exchange.
- For admission taking, candidates must have a previous year degree from a recognized university.
- Applicants must demonstrate academic-level English or French reading and writing skills as required by the university providing the program.
CANADA-CARICOM LEADERSHIP PROGRAM APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- In order to apply for this award, candidates should complete an online application. Those institutions which do not have an account will first need to Register an account.
- Once the account is created and activated, they will need to log in. Under “For Non-Canadians” section, scroll down to the Canada-CARICOM Faculty Leadership Program and click on Apply Now.
Application must include:
- Applicants must upload a copy of the candidate’s passport, letter of intent from the candidate, letter of support from the home institution, letter of invitation from the Canadian supervisor, signed copy of Memorandum of Understanding or Agreement with the partner institution, and privacy notice statement.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before March 30, 2021 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below