Application for the CERGE-EI PhD Positions Programs for International Students in Czech Republic – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education in Czech Republic.
The CERGE-EI PhD. in Economics is a US-style program designed for outstanding students who desire a rigorous graduate education in Economics at a prestigious international institution. The university will provide all the following: Western-style PhD program, Integrated MA degree after the first 2 years, Full tuition waivers and financial support, Highly-ranked research institution (top 5? in RePeC), International faculty and diverse student community, Job market preparation and rich career prospects worldwide,and Unique atmosphere of historical Prague, Czech Republic
Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education – Economics Institute is a joint workplace of Charles University and the Economics Institute of the Czech Academy of Sciences. The mission of CERGE-EI is to build a recognized center of excellence and innovation in economics research and education.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
CERGE-EI PROGRAMS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- International students are eligible to apply.
- These financial aid positions will be awarded in the field of Economics.
- Strong background in mathematics
- Sufficient proficiency in English to read, write and fully
understand PhD-level study material
- Previous education in economics is an advantage
- For BA applicants: finished BA or equivalent
- For MA applicants: finished MA or equivalent
- Applications from outstanding BA holders who wish to pursue a PhD education.
- In order to be admitted to the US PhD program, the students with only a Bachelor degree must simultaneously enroll into the Master in Economic Research program.
- Applicants with only a BA degree are therefore required to simultaneously apply for the Czech MA in Economic Research program to study for the Master in Economic Research.
- The applicants must hold an offer to study at the Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education.
CERGE-EI PROGRAMS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- To apply, the applicants must need to do register through the given link: https://www.cerge-ei.cz/phd-online-application-login
Application must include:
- As part of the application, the applicants must submit all the following required documents: Online Application Form Curriculum vitae, Statement of motivation, Verified copies of your Bachelor and Master diplomas and transcripts, Proof of English proficiency level, Contact details for two (or max. three) referees.
- Applicants are encouraged to submit other relevant documents that may support their application, such as additional study records, certificates, GRE, GMAT, etc. are not required for the application. However, we strongly encourage applicants to provide their score results from such exams as they may increase their chance of admission.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before March 31, 2020 will be considered.
Click here For more information and inquiries OR leave a comment below